The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Bernard Billis Puzzle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Does anyone know who carries this puzzle? Very similar to the Winston Freer Puzzle.

Thanks,

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Here's a link if you want to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWgTEoDXfxs
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
That particular version is marketed under the name Merlin's Magic Elixir. You might be able to find it in German sites as Merlin's Zaubertrank. Stevens used to carry it (and my still, but it's no longer shown on their site).
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
I bought mine from a French magic shop (can't recall the name) price was around 80 euro, and it is extremely well made.
This is one of my favorite pieces of magic - this is a really puzzling thing to see.
double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Just a little historic note, in case anyone's interested:

In Geometry this is known as the 'Curry's Paradox'. And yep, you guessed it, it was discovered by a New York City amateur magician named Paul Curry in 1953.
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
leko
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
202 Posts

Profile of leko
Peter Tappan explains and describes the construction of his version of the Freer Puzzle in the Linking Ring vol. 80, October 2000, page 112-119. Interesting article.
swamy
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
159 Posts

Profile of swamy
Mantra Magazine January 1977 published a verion of Paul Curry's paradox by Winston Freers.

A version of this was marketed by http://www.magies.com under the product tile "Puzzle Paradoxe'. It may of Bernard Billis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Bernard Billis Puzzle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL