The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Rock, Paper, Scissor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Sandro G
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Sandro G
Hello y'all,

I'd love to hear more precise takes on the technique used in The Mentalist (or the Derren episode for that matter). I could hasard guesses but I'm new here, are we allowed to quote techniques (as long as it doesn't infringe the copyrights on a book or video) ?
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2013-04-13 03:45, Gourmet wrote:
Multiple outs is the answer to win every round in this game !

just squat down on the ground indicating you are a "rock"

show "scissors" with your hand

scream "paper" as your decision

it´s reeeaaaally simple, when you know how Smile

Lol. That's a funny image Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
George Tait has a good live one!!!! The best I've seen....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Hello. I published several ideas on this in my newsletters. One method I tried and still believe in is to actually play the game and put your hand out in a half-fist...you've only half-opened your hand. As you observe the opponent's hand you try to see what he's forming as early as possible and finish your opening up of your hand with the winning position. Granted, I haven't been working on this lately but mention it as having promise. The other idea was to make a card game of Stone Paper scissors with drawings on double-blank cards, with a Sharpie, of the various hand positions. Since I am an art teacher by trade now, I can pull this off but you may have a friend that can draw. Then, you figure out all the ways to cheat at this like a card game. The possibilities are endless.
Regards, Gregg Webb
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
This is an idea I used many years ago. I put it in my Lost In Thought book. It's a one time type of idea:

ROCK/PAPER/SCISSORS ONCE
A few of my fellow mentalists also started working with the premise of this simple game. Most want to be able to win at it every time. I’m sure it’s possible, but I came up with a way to always win the first time. See what you think.

The performer states that he always wins the first round of Rock/Paper/Scissors and he will show this feat.

He puts his hand behind his back and says, “I have my prediction ready so whenever someone decides to play then let’s go, but I promise I will win the first time with my prediction.”

A game is played and on the first attempt the performer wins. Here’s how:

Take a small piece of paper and write the word SCISSORS on it then crumple up the paper so the word is on the inside. Have this little ball somewhere on you where you can easily get access to it.

Start the game by saying that you always win the first round with the prediction you keep behind your back. Put your hand behind you back and steal out the paper ball and keep it in your closed fist. Now play the game… once.

As soon as you are told to bring out your hand, come out in a closed fist. If the person has Scissors showing you say, “I have Rock and that always beats Scissors.”

If they have Rock then open you hand to display the paper and say, “My prediction is always Paper and paper always beats Rock.”

If they have Paper showing then open you hand and start to unfold the paper as you say, “I always write one word as a prediction: Scissors. And, you know, Scissors always beats Paper.”

Cute, but gets the job done.
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Rock, Paper, Scissor (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL