The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicMunkey
View Profile
New user
Nashville
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMunkey
I had the Cyclopedia for a year before I realized it was different from the Complete Course. Don't let this happen to you! Some of the best stuff is left out of the pocket size book. Compare the table of contents on Amazon to see the difference.
-Chris
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I am just going to say one. Sucker Torn and Restored Napkin.
It's the one I use to bring a really nasty kid around.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
The pocket version is a nice portable reference to compliment the full sizer.

Quote:
On 2008-10-16 13:51, HollowMan wrote:
I had the Cyclopedia for a year before I realized it was different from the Complete Course. Don't let this happen to you! Some of the best stuff is left out of the pocket size book. Compare the table of contents on Amazon to see the difference.
-Chris
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicMunkey
View Profile
New user
Nashville
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMunkey
Quote:
The pocket version is a nice portable reference to compliment the full sizer.

I agree. One thing to note, however, is because of the way it is bound, it's pretty much impossible to lay open flat. My copy is completely shredded but it was well used before I got the Complete Course.
Owen Thomas
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Owen Thomas
JT Kordesich you do the TIC TAC TOE trick?
I love this trick but don't really get much reaction from it? (only done it twice) What reaction do you get from doing it?
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Quote:
On 2008-10-09 16:58, Malus wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-10-09 05:10, themagiciansapprentice wrote:
For me, because they got me started without the end for individual books,

oil and water (cards)

sponge balls

cup and balls

I still prefer it to Tarbell and read a bit every month. Now I look then develop my routine and patter to fit my own show.

I never tried the oil and water. But since I am practicing the glide recently. I think I will give it a try Smile

The Oil and Water given in CCIM is a beautiful application of The Glide, a move that I would otherwise consider impractical. It's one of those silly things I've been using, especially impromptu, for a long time. I've taken it and expanded the routine into three phases now which has made for a great filled-out piece.
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Quote:
On 2008-10-09 19:35, JT Kordesich wrote:
Tic Tac Toe Prediction, Page 481

My HB copy of 'Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic' ends with a picture of Mark and Dardell on p 472. I looked on every permutation of 4, 8, and 1. No Tic Tac Toe.
The other two tricks you recommended were cute and on the pages you sited.
What's up? Was a later version expanded?
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
sleightofand
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
188 Posts

Profile of sleightofand
Check out for sure "double thought projection" its on page 95, awesome effect on people folks!
The Old Man
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of The Old Man
Quote:
The Oil and Water given in CCIM is a beautiful application of The Glide, a move that I would otherwise consider impractical. It's one of those silly things I've been using, especially impromptu, for a long time. I've taken it and expanded the routine into three phases now which has made for a great filled-out piece.

I think that one of the best uses of the glide, and the most motivated, is Design for Laughter in RRTCM.
Magic CPA
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Magic CPA
My Three Favorites:

Color Changing Aces No. 1 (A simple version of Dr. Daley's last trick. Mr. Wilson actually did this trick on an HBO special)

Self-Reversing Pack-Outdone (A simple version of Triumph)

Impossible Penetration (A "betcha" type trick that's great to do with corks at parties).
JT Kordesich
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh
118 Posts

Profile of JT Kordesich
Quote:
On 2008-10-21 17:00, ehands wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-10-09 19:35, JT Kordesich wrote:
Tic Tac Toe Prediction, Page 481

My HB copy of 'Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic' ends with a picture of Mark and Dardell on p 472. I looked on every permutation of 4, 8, and 1. No Tic Tac Toe.
The other two tricks you recommended were cute and on the pages you sited.
What's up? Was a later version expanded?

My edition has it at the bottom of page 481, continuing for the next few pages. Softcover.
Illusion: Reality in the mind of the audience.
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
Billiard Ball routine- my first routine
Sponge Ball routine- I love sponge balls
Cut and restored rope- It teaches the basics to a great effect
Darko Bean
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Darko Bean
There are so many good stuff in this book, some of my favorites are:

Cut and Restored Rope, P.237 - It's classic! Do I have to say more? Smile
The Sucker Torn and Restored Napkin, P.305 - People always be surprised by the ending. And I always have fun performing it Smile
The Chapstick Caper, P.498 - The effect of the bill transposition is like real magic.
Zenmagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Zenmagic
For me, I love the cups and balls routine because it is really easy to perform and fool people as well (especially for the endings).

I also like the spongeball routine. It always get great reactions in my performance.

Felix
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL