The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sankey's Best DVD Series! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
The full 5 DVD collection of Sankey's Best is now available! If you preorder now, not only do you save 20% but you also get all of the materials necessary for every effect!

http://www.sankeymagic.com
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Here's the info from the e-mail:

The wait is over!! The 5-DVD 'SANKEY'S BEST' collection is now available at a very special PRE-ORDER PRICE!

SANKEY'S BEST STREET MAGIC!
SANKEY'S BEST MENTALISM!
SANKEY'S BEST COIN MAGIC!
SANKEY'S BEST CARD MAGIC!
SANKEY'S BEST MAGIC WITH ORDINARY OBJECTS!

5 DVDs, each featuring 20 of my all-time BEST effects! I hand-picked every single routine based on the power of the effect, the creativity of method and how often I have personally performed them in my professional work over the past 20 years!

Each of the 5 DVDs also includes 'lost Sankey gems!' Little know, hard-hitting effects from some of my earliest DVDs!

Each volume is specially priced at only $25.00! But right now, for a VERY limited time, each DVD is available at the special PRE-ORDER price of JUST $19.99!

For LESS than the cost of many 1-trick DVDs on the market, you can now own
20 of my BEST routines, all on 1 DVD! An incredible convenience + value!

But it gets BETTER! (Read on!)

During this very special pre-order promotion, if you order ANY 4 of the DVDs in the SANKEY'S BEST collection at the special pre-order price, you will receive the 5TH DVD FOR FREE! That's ALL 5 DVDs for ONLY $79.99! So you in fact save MORE THAN 35%!

But it gets EVEN BETTER!!! (Read on!)

The first 100 customers who order 4 of the DVDs (for just $79.99) will receive the 5TH DVD FREE and receive a KILLER ADDED BONUS! A FREE 'SANKEY'S BEST
EQUIPMENT SET' featuring many of the exact same props I use in many of the outstanding routines featured on the SANKEY'S BEST collection!

This FULL EQUIPMENT SET includes:

Pad of Flash Paper
Bicycle Playing Card Gimmicks
Stickers
Raffle Tickets
Shirt Buttons
Coin Envelopes
Spiral Notepad
Matchbooks
Clock Face
Mismade Monopoly Bill
And MORE!

All FREE when you order the complete set at the special PRE-ORDER PRICE!

Save money and HOURS of time searching through art supply stores, sewing shops, stationary stores and printing shops looking for the exact same props I use in my own performances!

You would have to spend OVER $200 to buy all the source DVDs for even ONE
of the DVDs in this amazing 5-DVD collection! But right now FOR ONLY
$79.99 you can receive all 5 DVDS + the SANKEY'S BEST EQUIPMENT SET!

Once these 100 'SANKEY'S BEST EQUIPMENT SETS' are gone, they are GONE!

So don't wait! Order 4 of the 5 SANKEY'S BEST DVDS right now!

And don't forget to order a second set for a friend! The complete SANKEY'S BEST set is destined to be THE Holiday Gift of 2008!

gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Sounds like a deal.
acchessor
View Profile
Elite user
Nebraska
402 Posts

Profile of acchessor
They sound like pretty good DVDs. Which volume do you think has the best collection of material? I may hold out until the Complete Sankey though.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
The props included can save time trying to construct them or hunt them down at craft stores. I'm glad Jay Sankey is doing this! Jay rocks!!!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I just read the newsletter e-mail and went Jay's site. Only $19.99 for each DVD is hard to believe. And if you order 4, you get the fifth free? That's above and beyond a great deal.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
iceblade
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of iceblade
For someone who doesn't have any Sankey stuff this seems like a very good deal. But for people who have already some of his DVDs this isn't worth anything... I love Sankey, such a good magician but spoils his image with his marketing attitude always rereleasing stuff... Wish he would stop that... But don't take me wrong, he is one of my favorite magicians.
OldZombie
View Profile
New user
Buffalo NY
30 Posts

Profile of OldZombie
For someone that doesn't have a bunch of Jay's DVD's already, this is a great deal! The card and coin and mentalism discs all look great. For a buck a trick how can you go wrong?
MrMystery2008
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MrMystery2008
Hey there fellow magicians,

I'm in between a beginner to intermediate magician.
I'm tossing between getting :
The Very Best Of Sankey 3 DVD volume set and Front Row Sankey
OR
5 Sankey's Best DVD's.

I've read the reviews of The Very Best and Front Row, and they sound fantastic.
But obviously, there's no reviews for the 5 Sankey's Best DVD's yet.

Although the 5 Sankey's Best DVD's sound like better value, and comes with the equipment kit, I still have a gut feeling that The Very Best and Front Row could be better for me.

Argh! Help! I can't decide. So many choices!

Also, I read the Extreme Ambitious review, and that was a very helpful review. I'm tempted to throw that in with my order as well, since I am looking to expand and enhance my ambitious card routine.

Cheers,
Mr M
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
We're all beginner to intermediate magicians ( I'm closer to beginner as anyone that has seen me work will asttest to;-)

MrMystery2008
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MrMystery2008
You're probably being modest about your experience as a magician, Christopher. Smile
So if you had to choose, would you go with the 5 Sankey's Best DVD's
OR
The Very Best Of and Front Row DVD's?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well, I'm a big fan of Jay's work. I've used allot of his material, with my own presentation/handlings, since he started releasing material in the early 1980's.

I mention that because even though I have allot of the material on other DVD's, 'm still going to get the set. I have all the Beatles CD's and still bought the #1's, Past Masters, etc. When I'm a fan, I get things when they come out.

Anyway...if I had to choose and knowing what I know, with the list you gave, I'd suggest the 5 Sankey's Best DVD's. The Very Best Of set is about $80-$90, the "Best" DVD set is 5 DVD's for the $80 and has allot of material that wasn't on the Very Best set.

I'd get Front Row Sankey when you can, because it's Jay live in a Restaurant.

MrMystery2008
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MrMystery2008
Thanks for the advice Chris.
I just ordered the 5 Sankey's Best package. Smile
Due to budgetary constraints, my next order will include Beyond Secrets, Front Row Sankey, and possibly Extremely Ambitious.

I love most of his work too. I've already got a few of his products, including 22 Blows, Amazing Magic 1 & 2, Anytime Anywhere, Hijacked, Snowstorm....
Paperclipped has GOT TO BE one of the all-time classics of strongest impromptu magic!!
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
5 DVDs for $80 is good, but it depends what's on them.

Are these low-budget "film in my back room" Sankey DVDs or live performance footage?

His Sankey's Greatest Hits 3 DVD set that he put out through Sankey Magic is shot without an audience and doesn't compare to the earlier L+L Very Best of Sankey one, shot in front of an audience.

If there's no audience I'm not interested really...
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Really quick service! I got my 5-DVD set together with the Kit today - and I live in Hong Kong. The only thing I didn't get was the Flash paper - either its an oversight or else they cant ship such items overseas. Anyway, not too much of a big deal as I can get some at the local magic shop.

I'll try to write a review after I watch the DVDs this weekend.
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Does anybody have any reviews yet?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I received this set about a week ago, but have only had time to watch one volume (the everyday objects one). I was just waiting to look over them all before weighing in.

Overall though, based on what I've seen so far, I think this is a good set for someone who doesn't already own a lot of Sankey material.

The material is all "recycled" from his earlier releases, meaning it has not been refilmed. The video quality is a mixed bag, depending on if an effect was pulled from an earlier release or a more current release.

There were a couple of things on the Everyday Objects volume that I'd seen on some other Sankey releases that I own, but mostly things I hadn't seen. I'd say I own a "moderate" amount of Sankey stuff.

As for the quality of the material, I'd say it's also a mixed bag. There were a few things that I thought were absolutely brilliant, and a few things that I wasn't enamored with at all, and then some things inbetween.

Overall though, with 20 effects on each volume, at such a low price, I think it's a hard thing to beat.

Certainly recommended, especially for buyers who do not already own much Sankey material. Those who already own the majority of his work will probably want to pass this up.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have these DVD's now. I watched the CARDS DVD and there where some effects on the DVD that, while I'm a huge fan and use ALLOT of Jay's material, I didn't know about. Not only didn't I know about them ( or missed them somehow ), but they're gold to a card worker.

I imagine the other DVD's will be the same for me.

I like compilations. I like them with music and with the amount of material Jay has, for me as a fan, it makes sense to have these "best" DVD's.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sankey's Best DVD Series! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL