The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Improved Backstage Milk and Glass Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jcmagicman
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of jcmagicman
Does anyone perform this effect at the following link..

http://aleena.com/tilford/glassAndMilkVanish.html

I want to know if its worth the price.

Thanks.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Don't have it and can't comment. But $250 is a LOT of money. You'd better have a really strong routine for this prop.

Jim
jcmagicman
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of jcmagicman
Hi Jim.

Yes indeed. It is expensive.

Do you know of any strong and highly visual children's effects for the 4 to 12 year old set that you can recommend?
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
How about the backstage vanishing elephant at Hocus-Pocus? Similar effect at one fourth the price.
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
And no liquids to worry about.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
The forgetfull Freddy, Forgetful Santa, Rudulph, Frankenstein, etc are all great, colorful props that kids like. They involve a nice story with a popping balloon, and an appearing head. You can pick these up for about half price on this site and other auctions.

You might also check out Silly Billy's book, he has some great routines using inexpensive props that kids love, and that take 5 minutes or so to do.

Jim
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
There used to be a similar trick called Backstage Card Vanish which was sold by Hank Lee. I don't know if its still in production but it has the same impact - minus the potential accidents endemic of liquid tricks.

If you have Bill Severn's Big Book of Magic, the trick is taught there (using a bar of soap as the vanished item). The beauty of this book is that all the tricks can be easily made and are excellent! There's a Miser's Dream, Multiplying thimbles (dressed up as Multiplying Bandages) etc.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I found the Backstage Card vanish trick from Elmwood magic. Only $45!!!

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/Magic-T......__84.htm

Check it out!
jcmagicman
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of jcmagicman
Thanks for the ideas guys. I really don't like the effect using a Giant card.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2008-10-18 20:02, jcmagicman wrote:
Do you know of any strong and highly visual children's effects for the 4 to 12 year old set that you can recommend?

The question is, do you want the same old effects that every other kid show performer does, or do you want something unique that very few perform? Anything you buy at a magic store had been sold, usually for many years, to a large number of performers. If you want to be unique, consider making it yourself. Check The Magic Nook for ideas.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Improved Backstage Milk and Glass Vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL