The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Strait Success. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
This is basically a thank you.
I started working with the strait jacket back in July and after much experimentation and reading through tons of threads in here I have finally begun using the escape as the finale of my street show. During this time my hats have gotten better my crowds have gotten bigger and I'm having the best time ever in my 15 years as an entertainer. And I owe much of it to all of you who have shared your experiences and insights in this forum. Thank you all for helping me create an entertaining and dramatic finale. Otherwise I would just be a guy taking off a strait jacket.
So sorry I soiled your precious eyes.
Mysterious
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Mysterious
That's good to hear
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Congratulations on becoming an Ozark mountain daredevil
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
Thanks you guys.
I realize this is only a big deal to me and that success is a relative term.
Just felt it couldn't hurt to share my feelings of gratitude.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
There are no small successes, and it is a big deal to the rest of us. A victory for one is a victory for all. One more person out there advancing the art form properly is definately a victory for all of us.
If one "escape artist" does a bad job, it reflects on us all. This does not mean one who doesn't succeed in escaping- That happens. It is how you portray the art, the struggle, the performance that matters. If you do well, people will want to see more escapes- You success directly helps me in the long run.
You say your hats have gotten bigger, that your crowds have gotten bigger...This means you are doing something right.
Keep going, keep perfecting, keep representing.
Thank you for doing what you do.
And just a quick suggestion- Join the W.E.A.R. (Worldwide Escape Artist Relay) on October 24th, 2009. Registration is free and can be done here- http://www.ibmring362.org/WEAR2009/WEAR2009registration.html
Work this right and you can get a whole world of publicity. We'll show you how!
Looking forward to seeing more great things from you,
Gwyd
Gwyd
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
For sure, sign up for WEAR 2009! All for one, and one for all!

The first time I ever did an escape in public, it got on television. I am regularly amazed at how people love to watch escapes. You can read any number of places that people relate to the struggles of the escape artist because they, themselves, struggle against restrictions and limitations on a daily basis. Even if they are not able to articulate this, something about the escape artist speaks to them.

This is all fine to read about, but it is something else entirely to learn about it with your own bruised body as the medium of communication.

Also, as you have discovered, there are some very fine people in the business who are generous with help and advice. You can never pay them back, but you can pay it forward, helping someone else out years from now.

Yours,

Paul
T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
You guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thank you.
I do have some good news that I'm really stoked about.
This Saturday I'm doing a show supporting a rock band. This is something I've wanted to do for quite a while. I'm super excited about doing the SJE for a rock audience. I have every intention of knocking them dead.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
My first SJ escape was done for a rock audience...You are going to have a blast!
Get some video!!
Gwyd
Mysterious
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Mysterious
That’s awesome!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Hey you forgot to add the "dude" on to the end of your sentence - so it really wasnt a full sentence .... dude!
T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
Dude! I'm so stoked. The day is here. I haven't done a show in over a month. I'm gonna swing for the fences. DUDE!

Will I need permission from the band who's song I'm using to post video?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Well you probably should but how many people on youtube and face book etc get permission. Then how many schools allow the showing of films to whole classes of kids this time of year - and technically you should get a licence to show to anymore than 14 or so (random number - but certainly a large group). You can always apologise and pay them royalties if you want. On the other hand is “any exposure a good thing”. I can’t see you being sued for it but you never know!

Enjoy your next show - sounds like you are gagging for it.....and the performance as well Smile
T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
*glurck* *ptooie* *ahg*

The show was great. Everyone had a good time. Didn't get video like I wanted but there will be more opportunities. I have officially infiltrated the local punk/metal scene as a magician.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2008-12-15 09:40, T. Sebastian wrote:
I have officially infiltrated the local punk/metal scene as a magician.

That’s fine but don’t get:_

Caught

Arrested

Any one up the duff!

Oh sorry you said infiltrated not penetrated …. My mistake!
T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
I'm saving that for later.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Strait Success. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL