The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thought Transmitter VS. S.U.C. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2008-10-23 08:54, Yannou wrote:
I have the Outlaw Magnum and the Stealth Assassin. I very much prefer the Stealth Assassin.

You're comparing apples to oranges there Smile

The Magnum is a small sleek card case. The SAW is a full size wallet.

Hideout will start shipping Monday. Opinions will change....
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've recently managed to obtain a SUC2, second hand - I couldn't turn it down at the price, but I had also just pre-orded a hideout, and bought a caper case too..

but, I'm sure most men agree - you can't turn a SUC down when offered...and the cards you can get for the caper case work perfectly with it too.

I have recently also had to say goodbye to my magnum wallet, through overuse! RIP old son, you were a faithful servant...
I've asked to be banned
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I used them all but still like (and use) SUC very much...
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
You've been given some good advice micromega123. I will go one farther and say that for a mentalist the Thought Transmitter is a good toy, but not suitable for professional performance. There are other items that will give you the same results that are more professional props. You will pay more for those props though. If you want this just for the gimmick of it, go for the TT. If you are a performer want a piece that will look good during your performance (stage, close-up, restaurant, whatever) then go for one of the other products recommended. You won't regret the investment.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You could of course, use the TT as a cueing device of sorts if you're careful...
I've asked to be banned
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-10-23 00:16, micromega123 wrote:
Well... in light of these reviews I have ordered an Outlaw Panther. I'm sure it will be great. Thanks again!

We know you will love it. But inform us once you get it anyway.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
It shipped!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I can't wait to hear micromega's thankful words he will post after he receives it.
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
I will let you know as soon as it arrives, I can't wait!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Micromega123 thank you for the order!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Gasman
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Gasman
Have never gone wrong with anything from Outlaw. Agree with others advice about SUC (and wallets that use that principle) and TT. I've had my TT for over 6 years now and it's still going but have found that my other wallets that use the SUC principle (and my origical SUC) are MUCH more versatile, do a whole lot more, and can be used in forums you could not use the TT (like low light conditions). It took a lot of years, but I'm coming around to the advice of those more experienced: keep it as simple as possible (but no more) and with few exceptions, low tech beats high tech for the same effect.
Yannou
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Yannou
Quote:
On 2008-10-23 13:35, Roth wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-10-23 08:54, Yannou wrote:
I have the Outlaw Magnum and the Stealth Assassin. I very much prefer the Stealth Assassin.

You're comparing apples to oranges there Smile

The Magnum is a small sleek card case. The SAW is a full size wallet.

Hideout will start shipping Monday. Opinions will change....

Roth,

My main problem with the Magnum is that where I'm from, credit card size ID's and drivers licenses are not the norm, so I feel there is something about the Magnum that might draw unwanted attention. It may not, but I don't feel comfortable with it, I'm afraid I'll give off signals to the spectators. I am comfortable with the SAW.
On the positive side, it is indeed possible to put a card in the wallet, close it and toss it on the table without the spectators noticing anything, exactly as the ad says. We're all familiar with products that don't do as advertised, the Magnum is absolutely *not* one of those products. I have also taken it to bars and restaurants with little light and the peek does work with little light. I was not expecting that, but I was wrong. It works just fine.
drswoboda
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, WI
78 Posts

Profile of drswoboda
I have been carrying my Magnum in my shirt pocket for months now. I bring it to every magic meeting to give out cards as needed. I'm trying to make it seem a normal object for me. People continually see me get a card out of it.

Eventually, I use it in performance at the magic clubs and they will be none the wiser... It's so sneaky.

I have found that lay audiences accept it just fine, it looks very normal and always has a business card in the window, which I remove when using it as a peek device, then go back into it if I need a second card, for say a drawing duplication.
-David

Quote:
On 2008-10-26 08:04, Yannou wrote:

Roth,

My main problem with the Magnum is that where I'm from, credit card size ID's and drivers licenses are not the norm, so I feel there is something about the Magnum that might draw unwanted attention. It may not, but I don't feel comfortable with it, I'm afraid I'll give off signals to the spectators. I am comfortable with the SAW.
On the positive side, it is indeed possible to put a card in the wallet, close it and toss it on the table without the spectators noticing anything, exactly as the ad says. We're all familiar with products that don't do as advertised, the Magnum is absolutely *not* one of those products. I have also taken it to bars and restaurants with little light and the peek does work with little light. I was not expecting that, but I was wrong. It works just fine.
—"Honest to Goodness, I Only Cheat a Little" - Max Malini (1873-1943), Illusionist
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
Okay, I promised that I would comment on the Panther once I received it... well, I received it! I don't know if you have ever felt sorry for a device, but I feel a bit sorry for my TT, as it will be relegated to the dark depths of my drawer now that I have received the Outlaw Panther.

I admit that the TT looks a bit cheezy, but then I didn't know about the alternatives. The Outlaw Panther looks great! It doesn't look at all like a gimmick, it just looks like a regular business card wallet, which is what it is, I've already stocked it with my ID and credit cards! the secret is so devious, and I don't have to deal with those restrictions that I have been used to with the TT (e.g. lighting, odd looking device).

I'm very pleased with this and would like to extend my thanks to everyone here that recommended this to me.

Many thanks!
luxor07
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of luxor07
I have a wallet addiction as well. I can't recommend the Panther or the Stealth Assasin enough. They are both great at what they do.
malkav
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of malkav
Quote:
On 2008-11-04 15:19, micromega123 wrote:
Okay, I promised that I would comment on the Panther once I received it... well, I received it! I don't know if you have ever felt sorry for a device, but I feel a bit sorry for my TT, as it will be relegated to the dark depths of my drawer now that I have received the Outlaw Panther.

I admit that the TT looks a bit cheezy, but then I didn't know about the alternatives. The Outlaw Panther looks great! It doesn't look at all like a gimmick, it just looks like a regular business card wallet, which is what it is, I've already stocked it with my ID and credit cards! the secret is so devious, and I don't have to deal with those restrictions that I have been used to with the TT (e.g. lighting, odd looking device).

I'm very pleased with this and would like to extend my thanks to everyone here that recommended this to me.

Many thanks!

Good game! The panther is awesome. At some point I need to actually use it for a p**k. All I have used it for is a prediction holder with sw**i, billet holder, and an OTL with my own modification. The panther just has style.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thought Transmitter VS. S.U.C. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL