The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloons in a CRISPER? Someone told me of this! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
I just made a purchase from TMyers(very happy with their service) and a friend of mine told me to keep the balloons in my refrigerator. Does anyone have advice on taking care of your balloon investment?

Thanks
Chaz
"Balloon Blast by Chaz"
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
A cool, dark place is really all you need to store balloons. If the only place you have that fills that criteria, then by all means use the crisper compartment of your refrigerator. Balloons are latex and really do not respond well to heat and light.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Depends on the length of time ..... I go through 5,000 - 6,000 balloons per month. I keep pouch with balloons in the cab of my truck all the time. Sometimes it gets to over 120 degrees in the summer inside the car. May kill kids and dogs, but my balloons don't suffer in the least.

Sometime I think people want an excuse why balloons are popping.

I will say though I see a difference in balloon performance when I use cold balloons in a warm area, or work in a cold environment. Let's call it shrinkage and extra-brittle balloon dysfunction.(EBD)
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Chaz:

I had gone to balloonhq.com some time ago, and saw a few comments that recommended balloons be put in the refrigerator crisper, so I did so. I have found it to be a big mistake, especially over time (about 6 months or so). My balloons lost their elasticity and were ruined.

Since then, I've asked my local balloon supplier, who's a large scale wholesaler, and they've told me never to put balloons in the refrig - a cool and dark place is best, and that's all they do with their balloons.

Ron
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
Thanks Ron

I will take mine out immediately

Chaz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloons in a CRISPER? Someone told me of this! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL