The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Time Out by David Devlin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nabil
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of nabil
Hey Guys,

Got a chance to read "Time Out" by David Devlin. Greg Arce recommends checking it out in his "Hands Of Time," (which I reviewed here- http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=159&14 ) as they are both approaches to psychologically forcing a specific time.

First off, it's good. I learned something valuable while reading it, which is enough in itself to make it cool in my opinion. In this one, you are the sender and the person you are performing for is the receiver. So you write down a random time on a slip of paper, fold it up, and place it somewhere where you obviously can't get to it or switch it out. Then you think of the time and have the spectator read your mind. David say's this part works like 80% of the time, and he gives you two outs that he says will cover you for most of the rest of the time.

Just like with "Hands Of Time," this is something that really tests your ability to drive in some mental forcing in a way that's strong enough to sink in, yet subtle enough not to be obvious. So for that reason, I'd recommend it more for people who are already good at mentalism, or for those who really want to work on improving their abilities. If your goal is to get an automatic trick that will work itself everytime, this isn't for you.

Also, don't expect to get a grand opus here. David gets right to the point, and just gives you the meat. So it's short and sweet. Good stuff though. If you are interested in psychological forces at all, this is a great read.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I recommended this in my Hands of Time. It's another great idea to force a time.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Where can it be bought from, and link
cheerz
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
It is not available to the public just yet. I am working on getting a web site and it will be available then. That should not be too long from now. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Time Out by David Devlin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL