The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Naked Zombie Ball (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Hey guys, I got raymonds Dvd on order. could someone please pm what ball he recommends, so I can have one ready
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I like the bigger one (5 inches) the best. If you want to open the ball for a grand finale of flowers, it will work better. That is also the size he uses on his demo.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
You do not want a standard zombie ball for this,
you want a type of plastic decoration ball he talks about on the DVD,
it will do more of what you want than the traditional balls will.
I think a five or six inch will work better for Naked than a four.

Magically, Walt
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Walt... thanks! so maybe try a craft store?
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Some craft stores do sell acrylic balls of different diameters.
Grasshop34
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincinnati, OH
308 Posts

Profile of Grasshop34
I have this dvd and bought 3 zombie balls all of which are not right. It's been so frustrating. The best one I have has a bunch of practice dents b/c it's not plastic. My plastic ball has a wire sized hole. Does anyone have a link for a zombie ball that works. I would really appreciate it. Thanks
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I have been practicing this with the Vernet Zombie ball, which generally works. But, I would like to buy a Christmas ornament ball as stated. What I am thinking about doing it cracking it in half and glue a magnet inside of it. Then glue it back and paint it. Then put a hole big enough for the zombie. I was not sure of the size of the ball either until Walt mentioned it.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
The plastic balls are not only seasonal, but the vacuum plating they use to color them, leaves flow marks, so its hard to find a perfect one.
I used to sell the plastic ornaments as zombie balls in the late 70's (spirit of 76).
Out of each 100 pieces, I used to get 70 good ones.
I still have a batch of the rejects, in a barrel in the barn.
These might be good for practice or a careful spray paint.
----------------
The only source of these are commercial floral suppliers who get them in bulk in the right season.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Naked Zombie Ball (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL