The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Trinity Coin by Johnny Wong (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I have looked through this section and have not found a discussion on the Trinity Coin. I just received it a few days ago. I would be interested in hearing from anybody who owns this to see if they have problems making it work. Without getting into the workings of the gimmick, the vanishing part of the coin works just fine. It is the initial production of one coin to two that I cannot get to work without being obvious. It just will not "loosen" and detach naturally.

Does anybody have the same problem? If so have you been able to fix it? Could you please let me know your solution. You may PM me.

Thank you.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Sniper01
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Sniper01
Quote:
On 2008-11-09 09:20, revmike wrote:
I have looked through this section and have not found a discussion on the Trinity Coin. I just received it a few days ago. I would be interested in hearing from anybody who owns this to see if they have problems making it work. Without getting into the workings of the gimmick, the vanishing part of the coin works just fine. It is the initial production of one coin to two that I cannot get to work without being obvious. It just will not "loosen" and detach naturally.

Does anybody have the same problem? If so have you been able to fix it? Could you please let me know your solution. You may PM me.

Thank you.

revmike, PM sent.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
It's a grip and a knack thing! I had the same problem until I watched the DVD and saw his finger position! I can now nail it 8 outta 10 times with no obvious move!
Good luck with it,

Mick
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I'm glad its working, but 8 out of 10 times still does not sound great to me. I know I would not want to do an effect that only worked 80% of the time.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
876 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
I have had problems with Jonny wongs coin gaffs. The idea of the gaff is great but the workings are just not as fine tuned as the hype about the product. I contacted Jonny wong on a set I bought cause the rim was not filed down and the edge got in the way so I had to file this myself and the magnet for the gimmik worked at times and not others. He said he would get back to me about the issue and never heard from him again. I am not trying to attack the guy but when you pay good money for the item then Quality control would be a good thing......Best of luck PT
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

***but 8 out of 10 times still does not sound great to me.***

That ratio is what level I was at in practice at that time! I actually had an hour session this evening where I nailed this move 100% maybe 16 times in a row! I'm now working it into a routine. This could take a month or a year! I'm not one of those who will take it to the streets before I have it mastered! The common problem I see today is that too many want the instant gratification and if a sleight or set up is gonna require too much study, practice and rehearsal before wowing their friends and family, they don't give it a fair shot!

TWOCAN,

Bummer on your gaffs man! I've had to do some cosmetic surgery on a gaff from one of the bigs about a year ago! Nothing major and who knows, it may have been me being over critical!?!? Hope ya get it worked out cuz I think this is a pretty cool gimmick with a lot of potential! I'm liking mine more every time I take it out! The main learning curve (IMO) was getting adept in the "workings" of the gaff and how to handle it with natural motivated movements!

Be cool to have a set in WL's or even Morgans! I don't handle dollar size well but with this principle I'd really work at it! Smile

Mick
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I have owned the Trinity Set for awhile and couldve sworn I posted a review. Hmmm... I like these coins a lot and I also own 2 Dream sets. I get the move about 90% of the time, and I think the mess ups were operator error. I REALLY like these two coin sets, although they could have been made a little better.

POOF!
-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Judah or Mickey. . .care to make a review for this? I searched and I only found discussion. . I am thinking of getting this but I need some more info about it so I know I am not wasting my money. Thanks!

Nico
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Nico,
Its hard to review because its more of a utility then a routine. It would be like reviewing a Shell. Not easy except for quality. In the short of it : Its one coin that can be shown as three, then two , then one. Flipped in the air and shown all around. The purpose is left more to your imagination then anything else. That has been true for most of Mr. Wongs Coins. This does come with a DVD (That was put together WAAAAAY better then the dream coins DVD, but still rough), still if you get it you mind starts to run... Hope that helps a little with your Decision.

POOF!

-J-
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Ditto what Judah has to say! I found the DVD to be of lesser quality than what I'm used too but again ditto to J, it will juice your mind! Even if you are not at the stage of creating your own tricks the ones shown on the DVD will get you rolling!
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Thanks for the backup Mickey!!
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Thanks for the info guys. . .I will purchase it and check it out.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Thanks to all who have posted, your comments have helped a lot. I have discovered that a piece of tape on the inside of the gimmick seems to help. I now, in practice, can get it 80-85% of the time, and it certainly seems to be "feel" type of thing. I'm sure with more practice I probably can get it 100% or very close.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Good onya Mike!
Once ya get the knack or feel as you put it you're just around the corner!
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Great to hear, Rev!

I think you will enjoy it Nico!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Has anyone come up (or found) some good routines for this utility coin, beyond the ones on the included DVD? I'm not really a coin guy (yet), but have been having fun with this gaff - mostly quickie effects, though. It would be nice to use it in some longer routines that tap its full potential.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Max,
I use the coin in a three coins out of 4 to pockets routine, which is done in short sleeves. If I happen to be wearing long sleeves(which is EXTREMELY rare) I do a full four coins to pockets routine. And I kinda developed a way to do it in reverse as well, but its has been knacky as of yet. just needs polishing.

that's one of my things

hope that gets some juices flowing for you

'Poof!'

-J-
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Judah -

Nice idea, thanks. Have you ever been burned by someone noticing the thinness of the single? I only use it for quick effects where I keep the gaff moving or have it facing them so, but in the DVD the demonstrator laid them flat on the table at one point.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Nope, not yet. But I don't run, because I am not being chased. I just act naturally. I know its a Cliche' in the magic world but sometimes its true.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
For those of you that got this coin... He has a new gimmick out called the Super Triple Coin. Similar to the Trinity but better in ways, worse in one. I posetd a review in the Tricks section!

Poof!
-J-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Trinity Coin by Johnny Wong (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL