The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins, Coins, And More Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
First of all, I want to go ahead and say hello to everyone. I'm new to this.
I am a close-up magician, I love non-gaffed stuff. pure skill sleight-of-hand magic. Ok, so maybe a shell here and there, but eh..

Anyway, I don't have much material Bobo's book, Roth Expert Coin Magic 1-3.
And my new addition Cultural Exchange. I really like this video, and I want to get the 2nd one. I love classical looking effects, Dean Dill has great hands, David Roth, the older Sankey effects.

So my question is... What are some good videos that I should possibly take a look at that might fit my style of magic? i.e., - no videos where you need some tape, a glue stick, a chainsaw and some motor oil to make.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
-Derek
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
First off welcome to the Café.
Some videos that might be of interest to you:
* Curtis Kam's 'Palms of Steel' series (1-4)
* David Stone's 2-DVD set
* New York Coin Seminar Series (Vol 1-7)

When it comes down to it there are several that could suit your needs.
Cheers!

James
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
It sounds to me like you have enough coin resources to keep yo busy for quite a while.

I've been into coin magic for years, have several coin resources, and still find great stuff in Bobo's. In fact I refer to it so much that the pages are all falling out.

You have some very good material to work with already.

As far as style goes, you're going to have to define that on your own.

Best to ya,
Izz
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Ohio
77 Posts

Profile of Izz
Yeah I have more than I can deal with as far as info as it is Smile and this forum is a big part of this thanks to all ... welcome
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
"Modern Coin Magic" from MagicMacers, 4 DVD's with more than 170 Sleights & Tricks.

One thing is to read a book, it is easier to see it in live...works better for me.

-Morten-
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Derek,

Welcome to the clan man!

Jaz is right in that just what you have listed should take up a few years of study! HOWEVER, I totally understand wanting MORE! It's a futile phase most of us go through in seeking our place in the magic kingdom! Try to limit your spending and work through some of the classics in the books and vids you already have!

Guys like Tim Feher and my maestro Rannie Raymundo have done some very cool work with stuff right out of Bobo's! Quite a bit of Tim's work can be had by contacting him or checking out the Godfather Vinny Marini's site! Some of Rannie's work is there as well and I've also gotta plug my brother MB "Smooth" of Crimp Change and Short Pockets (to name a few) fame! Since you're new I'll just let ya know right now, I LOVE the Blow Change! Smile

Study, practice, read, watch vids and above ALL, ENJOY and have FUN!

Look forward to hearing of your progress,

Mick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins, Coins, And More Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL