The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Surreal gigs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

andyboyhypnotist
View Profile
New user
Arbroath, Scotland
28 Posts

Profile of andyboyhypnotist
As hypnotists we have all seen and done some amazing, surreal things.
What I would love to read about is stories of weird PLACES that a show can or has been done in.
I have a gig coming up that involves speed dating,
20 girls and 1 guy.
The guy does not know the girls will be hypnotised to do all kind of crazies,
obviously it will become clear when they sit down!
This is in a club and the stunt is to keep him in the dark,(hopefully), every date will have different suggestions and I plan to hypnotise a group in a back room on the fly and send them through to the date packed with suggestions but I wont see any of the results!! only later when I see or hear any footage will I know how it panned off.

I think this is a random enough example.

Any stories of similar wierd scenarios is appreciated,
or suggestions for the girls would be great!
Thanks
Andy
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Sorry I can't help Andy. But I'm surprised nobody else can. Seems like a great question. Where are you all???!!!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
If the girls are all willing to do it, why bother with hypnosis?
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Fair point, but I think Andy is saying that the guy is the mark and when Andy say he won't know what happened till he HEARS the footage then that probably means it's a radio recording (which Andy forgot to mention?).
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Still, whether it's stage hypnosis or hypnotherapy, hypnosis is a cooperative effort. Stage hypnotists bring up large numbers of people and send most back to their seats, leaving only those willing to agree with and perform the hypnotic suggestions. If these girls--and by that I imagine he means "young women"--are in on this gag, I can't see any reason for them to be hypnotized at all. Or perhaps a better way of putting it is this: how is hypnotizing these women going to enhance their playing around and make the gag they play on this guy any better/funnier/wilder?
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
I am with dmkraig, if its a gag bit, no need for hypnosis. If there is an audience (radio or otherwise) then it makes sense as a routine in the context of the show. Otherwise, its just a gag bit where a guy who thinks hes speed dating, meets ten freaky women...
And if this is the case, the women are already in collusion, so hypnosis is redundant.
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
andyboyhypnotist
View Profile
New user
Arbroath, Scotland
28 Posts

Profile of andyboyhypnotist
Thanks for the replies
and to Bobser for your support, I thought there would have been more support on a site like this.
The "women" knew about the hypnosis and were willing to give it a go, they also knew that it was an offsoot of a much bigger stunt.

If hypnosis was not used then it would have been a straight forward speed dating thing and boring for the audience.
Bobser I did forget to mention their was an audience and this was recorded for use at a later date.

Funnily enough the hypnosis side of the stunt went really well and was not redundant in any way.

As the girls spoke in gobbledeegook, the guy thought they were foreign ect. ect.
The night went really well and some good footage of the dates were recorded.

The point in the thread, gentlemen, was not to scrutinise what I was doing, but to share in the experience and hopefully read about other strange environments we had all done stage material.

Thanks
Andy
asithlord
View Profile
New user
johnathan townsends daily hobbie is
98 Posts

Profile of asithlord
I did some stage at haloween in a haunted house, we were looking for ghosts and had no luck so I did a stint with a haunted theme for something to do
then some past life regression it was strange!
glad the date thing went well
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I have used hypnosis on dates.....

Be careful it can create stalkers...
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>>The guy does not know the girls will be hypnotised to do all kind of crazies,<<<<

Girls need to be hypnotized in order to be crazy? LOL

They are crazy by default..
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Although not a hypnosis show, I performed at one of the Penthouse Clubs in the 80s. And no, I did keep my cloths on!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 18:25, mindpunisher wrote:
I have used hypnosis on dates.....
Be careful it can create stalkers...

...and that's exactly the result I'd be looking for!!!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Trust me bobser its no nice...they want to rip your clothes off in public suck the life force out of you...

Its relentless.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Stop it! Now just stop it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Surreal gigs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL