The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Spin Doctor by John Bannon (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
If the case is not showing the count on the DVD does anyone have a good source for doing the count as is on the DVD?
Thanks
Don
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Great service from John.Just got this E-mail regarding the missing explanation of the Elmsley count

It appears that you are correct that the Elmsley Count explanation does not appear on Spin Doctor. It is the exact same explanation that was on the other other two DVDs in the FCM series. So, if you have access to either of those, you can see it there.

I have spoken to Fun, Inc. about the issue and, if possible, I'll post the explanation on my website. I'll let you know when it's available.

Glad to hear you like the trick.

Best regards.

John
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 00:33, pepka wrote:
I ordered this a few days ago from my favorite dealer and he said that he had to send them all back. They were packaged with the wrong cards. Anyone else heard this?

Pepka,
Yes, I picked this up from Denny and it contained the wrong cards, it had the cards for "Duplicity" instead. I took it back, and Denny immediately went through all the copies he had, and found they were all packaged that way. This was the day before "Bob Little's".
He ordered replacements, and I expect he will have them shortly.
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2008-12-03 11:18, magicman1 wrote:
Great service from John.Just got this E-mail regarding the missing explanation of the Elmsley count

It appears that you are correct that the Elmsley Count explanation does not appear on Spin Doctor. It is the exact same explanation that was on the other other two DVDs in the FCM series. So, if you have access to either of those, you can see it there.

I have spoken to Fun, Inc. about the issue and, if possible, I'll post the explanation on my website. I'll let you know when it's available.

Glad to hear you like the trick.

Best regards.

John

Is the count explained in the .pdf file? Is it just the "OPEC" count John used in "Royal Scam"?
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
I believe it is OPEC.
I didn't look in the PDF file

Don
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
The OPEC Elmsley is not used in Spin Doctor.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
What is OPEC?
Magic is a vanishing art.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Thanks Cameron, was not sure but John put it on his web site(Hidden) but you need the effect to access the count, just E-mail John

Don
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
OPEC is an Elmsley Count variation. Darn good one, too! It's used in Royal Scam.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I dropped using the blank face card and replaced it with a different card. If you have the effect, you will know what I mean.

Now, for the 'second interesting thing', I vanish the ace of spades using the invisible palm. For me, it made the effect stronger as the invisible palm is a gasp getter in its own right and it made more sense.

Of course, now it's no longer a packet trick and no longer deckless as I use the deck to vanish the card.

I ordered direct from John Bannon and he shipped it immediately.

Mr. Bannon has a winner here. IMO, it's the strongest of the Fractal series.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magicofms
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh Pa
57 Posts

Profile of magicofms
John and Chris-- Thanks for noticing the article about The Cuckoos Nest! I wish more people would recognize the importance of shops like this! I feel lucky to be able to demo tricks like "Spin Doctor" and see how they play for both laymen and magicians (by the way it kills in both regards) If your lucky enough to have a real magic shop near you--get off the computer and go support them! And if your ever in Pittsburgh come and say HI!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2008-11-16 07:16, Steve James wrote:
A friend pointed out to me that there is a huge discrepency at the start.
Time and talking misdirection are needed here.

and for the scaredy cats, 2 second wrist kills work wonders.. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I love this trick but my cards seem to wear VERY quickly- start loosing color in spots and get real sticky. I know this happens eventually with all cards, but I my only get 20 uses and the cards start to go funny on me. Anybody else have this problem?

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I keep them in the wallet,and make sure my hands are clean and handle the cards "gently" they last longer. But they do wear, so I got a Rainbow Deck and make up sets from that. The trick doesn't have to be aces.
~Joe
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2010-04-07 11:03, Joe Mauro wrote:
I keep them in the wallet,and make sure my hands are clean and handle the cards "gently" they last longer. But they do wear, so I got a Rainbow Deck and make up sets from that. The trick doesn't have to be aces.

Thanks for the info Joe- the Rainbow Deck- good idea. Though I do keep mine in the wallet and make sure hands are not dirty are greasy before handling them- and they still wear quickly.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Spin Doctor by John Bannon (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL