The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Revealing of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dabah2014
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
157 Posts

Profile of dabah2014
This should be illegal to reveal magic on youtube and all those other websites. I agree with Justin R. I'm worried about the future of magic. I don't think that a lot of the kids that get on youtube to reveal magic realize the damage they're doing.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
This topic is all over the magic Café. A quick search would have found dozens of threads about this.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2008-11-14 10:11, dabah2014 wrote:
This should be illegal to reveal magic ...

How about starting small by being forthright about your identity and establishing some trustworthiness?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Exposure in magic has been going on for centuries. I'm sure it will be around a few more.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
As long as you want to be complicit - sure it will.

be part of the problem - and proud of it.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
jamesashford
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jamesashford
The sharing or magic is important as it's why you and I can perform tricks today, but this needs to be done in the right way. I have created a wesbite teaching, primarily dads, simple magic tricks at http://www.magicdad.tv/

Should this be illegal? Should I be banged up for this?

I am not presenting anything here that cannot be found in most general magic books. All I have done is select what I consider to be good foundation tricks and have explained them in the right way.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
If a unit is created to police the exposure of magic secrets, will it be called, "The SECRET POLICE?"
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Yes.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2009-01-08 09:03, jamesashford wrote:
The sharing or magic is important as it's why you and I can perform tricks today, but this needs to be done in the right way. I have created a wesbite teaching, primarily dads, simple magic tricks at http://www.magicdad.tv/

Should this be illegal? Should I be banged up for this?

I am not presenting anything here that cannot be found in most general magic books. All I have done is select what I consider to be good foundation tricks and have explained them in the right way.

Nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned but you seem to be using this site to promote yours (advertising). I think it would be best if you simply placed your site in your signature as others do.

~gaffed~ Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
***Should this be illegal? Should I be banged up for this?***

Are the tricks YOURS to give?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Revealing of Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL