The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kidabra Library DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Any reviews on the Kidabra Library Video?
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
It's been a few weeks since I viewed and sold it, but to my view it was like most Kidabra DVDs, decent but not overly memorable (as evidenced by the fact that I remember a few performers, but not all that many . . .). Unlike Magic Dave's Bish Bash Bosh, the Chris Capehart DVDs or Silly Billy's Seriously Silly or Dave Ginn or any of the kid performer DVDs which bother to give you insight and a performer's "take" and style; these play like long commercials for the products of a dozen performers with 5 minute segments by each of them. Some are really clever and offer some fun routines and gags, but many others are pretty standard stuff ("Turn it around!" sucker routine as applied to Trick X). Jim Kleefield MCs this one, and he's a thoughtful guy, but doesn't get enough "one on one" time here. Barry Mitchell is often insightful, but his routine on this one was not overly memorable to me. The rest of the "usual suspects" are also engaging enough, but they don't really convey much about how library shows would be that different, or how to prepare specifically for these (although Kleefield does offer some marketing tips that were fairly insightful). On the whole, this one is good, but I like the Kidabara holiday DVD better (Silly Billy does Channukah trick with lotta bowl; Sammy Smith has his Rudolph nose trick; Tim Sonefelt does a memorable bell trick). The Library DVD did not leave such lasting impressions . . .
Steve Petra
View Profile
Regular user
New York
195 Posts

Profile of Steve Petra
Have to mostly agree with Mumblemore. Except for Jim Kleefeld's "Book Framing" routine and Steve Taylor's marketing tips, this is pretty much a parade of lackluster magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kidabra Library DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL