The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Something different for the holidays (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WolfGod
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of WolfGod
After giving it some serious thought, I'm putting my idea for the wizardly show I talked about in my previous thread on the backburner for now. In it's place, I'm bringing back two of my older ideas that I want to see if I can finally bring to fruition.

The first is a Christmas show. I'm not a Christian so I didn't want to talk about Jesus. And Santa has a place in my walk-around, but I'd prefer to try something different. So I hit upon the idea of doing a magical parlor show illustrating the story of "A Christmas Carol".

I'm working on really choosing appropriate visual effects. I'm trying to develop a gimmick to give myself a halo for the Ghost of Christmas Past for example. To represent Marley's flight I'll be using the Skywalker levitation. There are a few stick points however that I'd like to work on in making the routine flow smoothly. If anyone has any advice for me in terms of theatricality, storytelling, etc. I would appreciate it.

Another thing is that I plan to have a stooge in the audience to accomplish a couple effects and this is the first time I've tried this. Advice would be much-appreciated.

The set-up I had in mind was to dress myself in a costume of a Victorian gentleman with my hair tied back in a ponytail by a silk ribbon. I would spend most of the performance seated at a table with a white cloth. Most of my props would be carried in my pockets or laid out on the table. The audience would be seated around me in a semi-circle. Would this arrangement be practical, or should I consider something else?

I'm aware that it's much too late to perform this for the 2008 holiday season. But I would like to make it a reality for 2009.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Something different for the holidays (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL