The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bullseye (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
There is a tip for covering that bad angle...

Just point the dart at them and politely ask them to move. Smile

Being armed with a sharp projectile will do wonders for your audeince management.

OUCH!

Brent Braun
scarnecky
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah
330 Posts

Profile of scarnecky
Warm Greetings~

Brent,

This is pretty darn neat. Being a magician and also an avid dart player it pleases me greatly to see effects like this surface. Great work.

BTW- Years ago 2001 we met at the IBM convention in Orlando. You actually gave me a copy of Torched and Restored- very generous and I still use the effect with great success.

Keep up the good work

Warmly

Scar
scarnecky
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah
330 Posts

Profile of scarnecky
I just wanted to jump in here again to mention that I have since had a chance to check out this DVD..

I personally really enjoyed this- There has been great thought put into the various handlings and presentations, of which I greatly appreciated..

My favorite is the stage/parlor performance, along with all the tips and variations explained.

I would also like to add that- it is very possible to do this effect with a soft tip dart (Soft tip/electronic boards).. These days the legal NDA standard weight for soft tip darts now extend to 20 grams. What this means is that you can purchase a set of darts that will be as heavy as the normal steel tip dart. Also by going on line or visiting your local dart supply shop you can purchase different soft tips and by experimenting with long and short tips you can easily find one that will work perfectly for- "Bullseye"..

All in all GREAT work Brent.
HIGHLY recommended...

Warmth and Light

Scar
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
Bullseye was reviewed in this moths MUM magazine. Here is what Norman Beck had to say about it.

"Conventional wisdom tells us that you shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover; this is a cliché, but in this case it’s very true. I just finished watching a one-trick DVD called Bullseye. Prior to viewing it my thought was, “How could this be any good?”
The effect is that a signed card is stuck to a dartboard with a dart. Not a normal walk-around type effect, but after watching it I will tell you that I was entertained, fooled and educated. You can’t ask for more from any DVD. The cost is $30, and in my mind it is worth every penny.
I will not in any way tip the method of this effect, but trust me when I tell you that Mr. Braun is a very, very clever man. You get more than “here is the effect, and here is how you do it” on this DVD. What I loved were the little bits of business, the details, the why and why not of doing things in certain ways. I also loved that there was footage of the trick being done in the real world, for real people. You don’t have to wonder if the effect will work. It is clear in watching this that Mr. Braun has done his homework, and has performed this effect hundreds of times. If you have a deck of cards, three darts, and a dartboard (or tree, wall, etc.), you have a good solid six to ten minutes of entertainment. What more could you ask for?"

It is hard to sell magic and hope people "get it" I am glad to see that not only people on the Café but also respected members of the cummunity "get it".

Also I am running a crazy good deal on my DVD's check out my website for details.

Thanks again everyone for the positive support.

Brent Braun
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Was just looking at this and I really don't see what is being taught?

Pick a card, sign it, control, one hand top palm, load, throw dart = the same effect? Or am I missing something?

Not trying to cause problems, just curious!

Many Thanks

Gary
trombley
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of trombley
Good luck with that gary
Matthew Bennett
View Profile
New user
Louisville, KY
79 Posts

Profile of Matthew Bennett
Gosh, I hate to bring this up, but why was there no mention of the really great singer who totally re-worked the theme song into a John Denver-like acoustic version on the fly? And drove 60 miles at 9:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning just to meet the deadline? Who was that? Hmmmmm????

:)
Matthew A Bennett

fixmytricks.com

twitter.com/matthewabennett
facebook.com/matthew.alan.bennett
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
Sale on Bullseye DVD. You pick the price! Paypal me any amount you feel it's worth to brentbraunmagic@hotmail.com and receive a copy of the Bullseye DVD. Check out http://www.decksliesandvideotape.Com for reviews and more details about this great effect. This sale only last for the next 10 DVDs sold so send me some cash.

Thanks,
Brent Braun
james1234
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of james1234
Just got this effect, it's okay but very overpriced for what I paid anyway. This effect is just not for me, I think there are better and more impromptu ways to do this, just my thoughts

James
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Worth a punt for $15 shipped!

looking forward to it!

I own Lethal too, but curious il let you know my thoughts asap

Regards

Ash
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
Thanks to everyone who sent me some cash. All the orders will ship tomorrow.

It was great fun to see how much people thought it was worth. I had one guy send me twice what I was asking on the website? That's weird but I am not complaining. Also had a guy send me all the money in his account. WOW is right.

I still have a few copies available at "your price" just Paypal me some money before I withdraw this offer.

Thanks again for all the cash and support,
Brent Braun
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
James,

Sorry you felt like this was not a good value. We did reduce the retail price to $15.00 about 6 months ago. If you paid the original retail of $30 I understand where you may have a complaint. Send me an email or a private message and I will make it right.

Thanks,
Brent Braun
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Brent you seem like a great guy, nice to see!
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
Please understand the "great guy" thing is just a facade to get your money, but thanks for buying into the illusion. Now send me some money.... Please

Thanks again,
Brent Braun
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bullseye (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL