The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Small Remote Control and Receiver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I am looking for a Small Remote Control and Receiver unit that can be installed in any small battery operated toy or gimmick etc.

One that the receiver unit could possibly run off 3v, 6v or 9v battery power.

Any info would be great.
hocuspocusjay23
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of hocuspocusjay23
Check ebay, I have seen these on there many times
Brett Sirrell Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Brett Sirrell Magician
Look for those that power indoor model planes. They have some units that are very small, infact the servos are just simple coils. ALternatively, buy a chear rc car and strip it down.
They keep the cost down by keeping things basic and they are often designed for little fingers so you will get a small transmitter. This will be the hardest thing to get small.

Alternatively and if you just need a push button to activate something then the best way is to buy a door bell!! Yep! The wireless ones obviously! Now instead of powering the speaker get it to power a relay or similar.

I thought of using this for a mentalist trick, when an item was removed from a case it would set off a vibrator (from a mobile phone) which was in my pocket. Great idea but never built it!!
Brett Sirrell Magician and entertainer
www.brettsirrell.co.uk
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
Here is a link to the wireless devices that I have used

http://www.rapidalarm.com/visonic-wirele......ces.html

I use a 2 channel visionics for my snake basket and have used a single channel for my seance. both work great.
hocuspocusjay23
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of hocuspocusjay23
Whould these type of transmitters work for just a vibrating device, for example if you were using a assistant off stage to set off a receiver in your pocket?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Small Remote Control and Receiver (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL