The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A black wooden wand is all I need (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
I have always been fascinated with both history and magic which is why I enjoy my frequent trips to Colon MI and Abbotts. There is always some magic project going on and always a story to be told. Trouble is, you don't always know where and when the story is coming.

Last Spring we did a photo-shoot with a female model, some doves, and several Abbott props to promote the Annual Get Together. However we ran into a problem right from the start, the doves kept slipping on the plastic wand the model was holding and would not stay still for the photographer. To solve this minor problem we simply needed a wooden wand...you know, a wooden dowel painted black with white paint on the tips, a simple thing especially when you are in the Magic Capital of the World, Colon MI.

I went to Abbotts and told Greg the problem we were having and that a wooden wand would solve the problem. Greg stepped to the back and came out with a black wooden wand with brass ends. "Be careful with this wand" he said, "it was once used by Houdini and was handed down to me by my Father".

So here I am standing in Abbotts, its famous ceiling of magic above me, its legendary creaky wooden floor below me, and Houdini's magic wand in my hand.

After a couple seconds of looking at the wand in a bit of awe, I finally spoke.

"Greg, we just need a black wooden wand, we don't need Houdini's wand. The birds are certain to dig their claws into it and I would feel real bad if something worse happens to it."

Greg went to the back, came back with the standard shoebox of magic wands that you see in magic shops and gave me my pick of the litter. I picked one out and the photo-shoot went off without a hitch.

Only in Colon, MI can someone ask for a simple prop and get a piece of magic history instead.

You can see a picture of the wand at the url below.
http://www.magicgettogether.com/percys_chest/recilswand.html
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
All I can manage to think is "WOW!".

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A black wooden wand is all I need (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL