The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » What are the new animal tricks for 2008? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
This year is almost up. Name the new animal tricks that came out this year.
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
Dove from Sketch Pad by Dan Sperry
hocuspocusjay23
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of hocuspocusjay23
I have the dove from sketch pad by Dan. Very nice and made well. Also have you seen the dove crusher, kinda like a small origami for a dove. I thought that was really cool.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
We made a new rabbit appearance.

You have a table with nothing on it. You take a 24" silk and show it to be nothing else. You sweep the silk across the top of the table and just that quick, a rabbit is now on the table. No body loads and it is self working. Adapted it from an idea in Tarbell.
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
RJE,

Now that sounds too good to be true. Tarbell? You sweeping the cloth back to front or you ain't saying?

Doc
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Front to back.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Quote:
On 2008-12-03 13:15, EdwardHilsum wrote:
Dove from Sketch Pad by Dan Sperry.

Also put out the pro-dove bag as well haha.
DANSPERRY.COM
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think the best animal trick would the disappearance of PETA and all the USDA goofy regs on things.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I would nominate Jim Gerrish's Kinder Gentler Doves to Rabbit Box, but there's one catch; you can't buy it in a magic store. You'll find the plans in his Hardboard and Duct Tape Magic Book 2 on my site if you want to make it yourself.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
While they came out a couple of years ago, they were new to me: Funhouse by Wolf's Magic and Presto Production Box by Barry Mitchell. On card tricks, try Magic Bob on Spellbinder's site. Magic Bob has produced Pandemonium, which is excellent, and so is Wabbit Season. Also, Jim Kleefeld's Python Race is a great animal trick, as is Derek Rutt's Snake and Break Tray.
Senor Rai
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Senor Rai
You are so right, Richard. The PETA people should vanish. You now have to have a permit to use a rabbit! Unbelievable!
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Quote:
On 2008-12-03 22:09, RJE wrote:
We made a new rabbit appearance.

You have a table with nothing on it. You take a 24" silk and show it to be nothing else. You sweep the silk across the top of the table and just that quick, a rabbit is now on the table. No body loads and it is self working. Adapted it from an idea in Tarbell.

Thanks for sharing. After seeing this, I went back to the source and found a method based on your effect that will allow me to do a large fish bowl in the same manner. It could also be used to show an empty aquarium, then cover it and make one of my large lizards appear in it.
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I am not sure if it is new this year or not, but the Supreme Magic/Ian Adair Surprise Gift Box Rabbit Production is a nice production of a rabbit or something else.

I also love Barry Mitchell's Presto Pet Production, but that's several years old at least.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » What are the new animal tricks for 2008? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL