The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Nice Cylinder and Coins Routine.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Here is a very smooth performance of Cylinder and Coins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqlsf3_I5mk&feature=channel

This Japanese magician shows excellent technique (IMHO) not just with coins, but he also does mini Linking Rings, 3 Fly, Cups and Balls, etc., on YouTube.

He goes by the name "Broccoli". If you search for his YouTube name, "kienboss," you'll find several excellent close-up magic videos. This guy is one to watch!

sdmagic
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I like the wand addition to the routine...(and the music)...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Him and I are pretty good friends. He is actually here on the Café, and yes, he's awesome and knows his stuff.

-Mark Tirone
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Nice routine, seems a slight variation on the John Carney routine. The only problem is, is doing the same vanish four times in a row. This is why Carney does it twice, and then two different ways after that. It was well done, though.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
If you like the looks of his technique, be sure to check out his version of mini linking rings. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAfiuGotE_8

I think it flows nicely, and I really like the slow, deliberate hand movements. Nothing to be suspicious about. Well done.

sdmagic
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Well, obviously it is better than most, but I really don't like the "slow" vanish. I think it misses the burn of a retention vanish, and it is much too "focused" when a vanish of that type should be more of "Well, let me empty my other hand because it has something to do," and less of "Here, watch me place this coin ever so slowly for no reason into this other hand."

Also, showing the cork halfway through really killed it for me, as the idea should be that the coins are going one at a time under the cork....by showing the cork there, it kinda kills that notion.

Overall, very good, but the small things nag at me too much watching the video. A couple small tweaks, and it could be flawless.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Very nice routine. Well done.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I agree with Daegs on all points. And, with the slow vanish thing, stopping to do a couple of gestures turns it into something of a guessing game, guess which hand the coin is in, and diminishes the magic. And aiming the vanishes at the cylinder sort of gives it away, since that is supposed to be a surprise. But the guy is really good, no question about that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Nice Cylinder and Coins Routine.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL