The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The sweetest thing... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
Just wanted to share this; I think this is the youngest person I have ever done magic for.

I went to my friend's Christmas party tonight, and there were two little kids there. She had me do some tricks for them, just cards and coins. I did Scotch and Soda for the little girl (I think she was maybe 4 yrs old) and when it was done she looked at me with her eyes all wide and whispered, "You're a real magician? I didn't think magicians were real." She had this amazed look on her face and said she only thought they were on TV. Smile I think that made my Christmas... I'll always remember her little face when she said that! It was the sweetest thing; it made me feel like I really did something magical. Smile
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
That's just too cool. That's something money can't buy. It makes all worth while when something like that happens. I'm very happy for you.
Merry Christmas, Bob.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Good thing she didn't win the Scotch and Soda
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
A reaction like that is something that helps make this whole job worthwhile.

steve
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
That is the type of thing that makes me love working family places and doing kid shows. Sure with adults you can do amazing things but you never get that sense of wonder from the big folks.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I don't think anything beats children's reaction to sponge balls. Can you beat it?
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
I thought this was pretty cool!

I don't know sponge balls. Yet.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You can't beat the little ones for reactions and helping you remember why you do magic.

At Christmas this year, my 4 year old granddaughter got a little pony set. This thing was packaged up like Fort Knox. She just comes over to me and says "Grandpa you magic this out for me?"

Only through the eyes of a child.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Ill share this from last nightsnew years eve show. at the end of my show I use a child for three rotuines where he/she becomes the magician.Last night I had three gems of children for my shows. But the first child was so fun. he ahd seen my show a year earlier and was very proud that He "knew"what I was going to do next. Then he got to help with the new ending of the show and become the star of the last rotuine. (chair suspension) at the end I handed him my one of my magic kits that I make up and Give away to that Child and wow! "is this realy for ME!!!" yes Wow!!!!
He has already signed up for my news letter. To see his eys light up was incredible. that's why I do this.
Michael
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2008-12-14 12:53, spacecop wrote:
...Sure with adults you can do amazing things but you never get that sense of wonder from the big folks.

Oh yes you can!
Prepare a lot, build in a lot of misdirection, polish your scripts and

SHARE THE MAGIC WITH THEM having them use their imagination and talk about what they imagine. Naturally you must drop any challenging words or (more difficult) attitudes.

But that look in older people's eyes is as rewarding: you brought the good part of their youth back to them. The only other way to do that (to their knowledge) is to go and see a shrink and, for interesting it may be, it's much less fun.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The sweetest thing... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL