The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cataclysmic Coin: Bob Solari (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I know the quarter is plastic, very cheap looking. The others may be metal.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Do you know If you can alter the gimmick to a Half dollar & Jumbo Half ? If so I would love to pick this up !
Thanks,
Jeffrey
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Did this used to come with a metal jumbo coin?
Because the plastic jumbo coin now included, at least with the quarter version, is so tacky and cheap looking that I would never use it in a performance, even just for family and friends.
Can't understand all the rave reviews. I really like most of Solari's stuff but I would rate this 1/10 and consider it a useless piece of junk.
Even the gimmick is an old method using an item you can get at the 99 cent store. There is nothing new about this trick. The method is fine but as old as the hills and the props are utter crap.
Stay away, you will hate this unless you are new to magic.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I have to agree with videoman on this one. I love the other effects I've received from Bob, but this is just first rate junk. I was sooo bummed when I opened this and saw the plastic quarter. And the other thing... noisy and cheap. I just chalked it up as a loss.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Okay, but can you alter this with a quality Jumbo coin & still use the gimmick supplied ? If so then I will get this ..
Thanks,
Jeffrey
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 01:36, tophatter wrote:
Okay, but can you alter this with a quality Jumbo coin & still use the gimmick supplied ? If so then I will get this ..
Thanks,
Jeffrey

Yes, I might modify mine to work with a UK £2 coin as I have a nice jumbo £2 coin. The gimmick needs some sound proofing if you want to use in a quiet environment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cataclysmic Coin: Bob Solari (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL