The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Bob Elliott's 75th Birthday Bash! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Well, the old relic somehow manages to hang on... Smile

Here's an open invitation to Bob's party for anyone who might happen to be in the San Diego region on January 4, 2009:

http://www.medicine-in-motion.com/Files/......bash.pdf

Even if you can't make it, feel free to post birthday wishes for Bob here and I'll print them out for him!

Those of us who have had the pleasure of knowing Bob and Happy consider ourselves to be very lucky people. And if you're not familiar with Bob, check out http://www.magicianbobelliott.com
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Happy Birthday Bob,
Best whishes from Harry and Zach Mandel, IBM Ring 244.
Sorry we can't be with you. Miss you Bob, you taught us a lot.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Thanks Harry (and to those who have PM'd me). I'll pass this on to Bob and Happy.
Kenardo1
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Kenardo1
Happy 75th, Bob.

I wish I could be there and celebrate with you and Happy.

New York magic is just not the same without you.

Have a great time at the party.

Hopefully I will see you and Happy sometime in 2009!

Happy New Year!

Magically,

Ken Schwabe
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Bob's birthday bash was great! Thanks to all who sent their regards.

A quick clip of the party was posted on You Tube by local magician, Ken Ayers. You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIatZmNjouI

Bob loved every minute of it. There was lots of magic in the air as many of San Diego's magicians attended. East Coast Bob was introduced to the West coast tradition of hitting a pinata (using a NY Yankees baseball bat, though) and friends David (Copperfield) and Ace (Greenberg) called to wish him well, too.

We'll post more pictures as soon as they become available on Bob's web site (www.magicianbobelliott.com).

Thanks, again, to all for their love and support.
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Here is a link for still photos from the event:

http://imageevent.com/squrlshell/bobelliotts75thbirthday
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
A Happy Birthday certainly goes out to Bob but what goof ball would wear a tee
shirt with filthy language at a family gathering? I would have asked you to either leave or change your shirt.
DP
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
The shirt was from The Amazing Johnathan's Las Vegas Show (a giant picture of which was on the back). I knew my audience. The "family gathering" was our San Diego magician family none of whom took the shirt to have a "dirty" connotation. The F-word has many uses and not all are necessarily vulgar. In this case, the connotation was one of over-the-top enthusiastic excitement for this very special occasion.

The kids that attended were neighborhood kids who - you'll have to trust me on this - are very familiar with the term. None of the attendees voiced any problems with the shirt, least of all Bob (for those who know him well)!

Rest assured, David, that had anyone indicated the least bit of concern about the shirt, I would gladly have swapped it out for another. In fact, though, it was a very popular shirt as many people wanted to have their pictures taken with me b/c of it.

But hey, they warned me about Californians before I moved out here....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Bob Elliott's 75th Birthday Bash! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL