The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Max Krause's new trick SUCKS !!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
It looks like a great prop Mr. Krause! The fountain element looks like it would make a beautiful piece. In my version, the signed selection ends up rolled up inside the nozzle.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Michael,

I used to use two signed cards one that would be inside the Vacuum and then the one that I would catch in mid air. I found that the one inside the Vacuum was anti climactic to the reaction of the 1st one appearing on the hose. Thank you for sharing that and I hope it plays great for you and thank you for the kind words regarding mine. I just decided after many performances that catching it on the end of the hose was more than enough to get their attention. This one just happens to be much more than a card stab with the built in extra's I have added to it. The signed card to impossible location is worth its weight in gold on its own.

Imagine things like signed card on outside of glass ceiling, signed card in gift wrapped nest of boxes, signed card in bottle all while your hands never leave sight of the audience and are always clean. Ie...No sleight of hand! Any bridge or poker size deck of cards will work.

Best regards,
Max
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Sounds fantastic! Best of luck!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I've had a very long conversation with Max earlier tonight and I like to let you all know that the gaff and method for the vacuum cleaner card stab is ridiculously devious. The gaff and method is actually in one of the LAST places a magician would think is gaffed, needless to say that the audience would have absolutely no clue (the method I was thinking it was initially, the audience would still have no clue, but here you have both the benefit of being able to fool fellow magician's who are familiar with the swords stab methods as well). The price is a heft chunk of change but let's think about this, you're getting a nice vacuum cleaner (which you can use around the house as well as clean up that big mess of snowstorm you've just performed earlier), a beautifully crafted table, the card fountain, and the oh so special gaff. The routine is also nicely constructed and facilitates the dramatic moment of the card reveal quite nicely. As a added bonus, the gimmick can be applied to a myriad of other uses. A meaty use of it can be let's say a card through window that is absolutely hands off, a card in spectator's pocket, a card under spectator's seat, card in locked safety deposit box, basically a card in almost any impossible location. Did I mention this is a SIGNED card? Quite juicy I would say. However it is a investment so obviously casual performers and hobbyists truly do no apply here but for working parlour and stage magicians, this could possibly be one of the most useful items in your act.

Let's review what you're getting here, a fully working and good vacuum cleaner which would even make your misses happy as you, your kids, or she may use around the house or the car. A wonderfully crafted table that you can use throughout your act AND it can be broken down quite easily for ease of transport (and car truck space). A card fountain that you can use for anything you would need a card fountain for. A gaff that is quite versatile for parlour and stage work. Finally, a presentation which has been worked out in the field. This one is quite good and uses a completely different approach to getting the card to where you need it to be (the vacuum cleaner) along with quite a few functional items. This whole effect needs the careful consideration of parlour and stage performers and if you need more details you should definitely NOT hesitate to contact Max about it, it doesn't hurt that he's quite easy going and easy to converse with as well.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
The hands off signed card through window sounds fantastic!
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
WOW! Thank you for the kind words. It's hard to convey without sounding biased how fantastic the concept really is that you get with this efffect. There are unlimited ways to use this this thing and I am sure I have barely scratched the surface of it's true versatility!

Max
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
I put a little clip of this from a recent show I did that I think captures the effect. I hope you guys enjoy it. Smile

http://www.innovativedeceptions.com/ID_vaccum_card_stab4.htm

Best regards,
Max
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Max Krause's new trick SUCKS !!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL