The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The school of busking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
The school of busking DVD is due to released this year. This covers building your own show, building a crowd, keeping a crowd, turning your crowd into an audiance, making an audiance pay and a lot more. The lecture is intended to help you develop or improve your show.

This DVD is filmed out of my lectuer at a UK magic socety. The Dvd will be at least 2 hours of materal. The DVD will include The lecture, the show performed and unpacked before the socety and my street show as performed on the streets.The lecture is the same one that I delivered twice at The School of Busking, Denmaks Magic Circle, twice British Juggerling Convention, and twice at the European Juggerling Convention. twice at the Fellowship of Christian Magicans (just to be clear their is no juggerling on this)

Now I like to ask you all what whould you prefer, an interactive CD or a DVD? We are at the early stages where we can still choose. This info will be a great help to me and Veronica so the more feed back you give me the better.

We have all the footage to put together a construtive busking resource.
Happy New Year
Mario
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Hi Mario,

What would be the advantage of an interactive CD? Is there something that you wish to add to this resource which can only be obtained by this method?

As a consumer, I'm more apt to buy a DVD. That is just my opinion though.

Sounds like you have a good product to offer whichever way you decide to market it. Good luck!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks Chad
I wanted to no what folk whould prefer. Yes it would be more to it, ie lectuer notes, foot notes and so on, but it will only cover what is in the lectuer, so this is simply to find out what peoples prefrance would be.
So thank you
Mario
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
DVD. For some reason the stuff I get on CD's just doesn't get used as much.
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
I look forward to this!

Maybe how Whit Hayden and their DvD's are with info on the disc's for the computer to pick up and to also watch on DVD players?

Let me know when it comes out!

-Scott M
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
DVD is my choice.

I rarely take advantage of anything "interactive" - even those music CDs that have PC extras on them...

Main reason is that I stare at a PC screen all day long... I use it to communiate...to conduct business...to get news...ect...

When it comes to magic video, I just want to grab a snack, kick back, and watch TV.

DVDs are also more universal. Interactive CDs limit you to computer owning magicians, and even more limited to computer owning magicians that feel savvy enough to get an interactive CD. Many people are still intimidated by technology.

What you could do, if there is a lot of extra material that is left after a DVD is made... is offer it for download from a website - a teaser type offer to get people to buy it... something extra for free tossed out to lure...

just my .02
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Also - one thing to consider...

Kozmo just put out a DVD on this exact subject. Its a great DVD that covers pretty much everything you mentioned.

Will the market support another DVD on the same topics?
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Hey Mario.... DVD Please! Looking forward to it!

sdmagic
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
DVD for sure (The interactive disc with the Bob Read set has caused quite a few headaches).
Yes another informative DVD is required especialy from a UK standpoint (Busking here is not the same as in the US, done both, so I know!!).

The lecture side of things is pretty much covered so from my standpoint footage at actual venues / spots would be far more appealing.

Everyone has something to offer,,,I wish you well with this venture.

Ken.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Ken
Happy New Year
When you say venue, do you mean the streets all my one man show?
Mario
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Hi Mario,,, the streets with actual working them,,,you know what I meen when I say the warts and all.

Other DVD`s have shown brief shots of a single street performance,,flashing back to the same show each time ala Cellini and the latest Koz tape,,,nothing wrong with this but to show a DVD of the real street works with its failures etc would be more grass roots for me.

To follow the life of street work (Forget the methods) From one Town to another with all the problems involved. The big hats, small hats, crashing out, abuse, drunks, hecklers etc and all as it really is rather than as its portrayed to be would benefit those with an ilk towards this type of work.

For instance today its freezing but three of us worked the Brunel Plaza in Swindon,,, yep we all made a living, not a fortune but what with the rings iced to my fingers, Tony dodging two lager cans and the old Bill crashing our last show!! This was real.

Just my tuppence worth ok.

See you at Blackpool.
Ken.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
I will have my store their again.
Thanks
Mario
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
It would be interesting to break new ground by showing maybe 10 shows out of 10 and what happens?

Maybe not that many, but the idea of the difficulties that come up and what that looks like and how you handle it would be a great 'section' to add to the list.

-Scott M
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Mario,
DVD format with individual chapter selections, plus I agree with Ken, showing the actual start even though we know it's not always a great crowd. I think CHad or maybe a couple others had posted clips like Jimmy Talksalot of the draw similar to what is on Koz's new DVD.. Just my 2 cents worth.....
Plus pretty much anything you put together will be great stuff..
Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The school of busking (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL