The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Criss Angel cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JBetts97
View Profile
New user
Houghton Lake, Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of JBetts97
Hello ,

Just wondering what you think about the criss angel cards from his website. I love mine for the sake of novelty.

Thanks,

Jacob (JBetts97)
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
While they may be decent looking cards, I think there are so many others that look even better.

However - beyond a novelty point, there is a strong portion of us that feel normal common bicycle backs are the way to go - people know them and feel comfortable with them.

Novelty decks are great for magician to magician work - but many laypeople look at them odd as if they expect them to be marked or gimmicked.

The new Karnival decks are a killer looking design - check out our site if you havent seen them yet... but as for using them for layperson... I dunno...

Some people say its ok... Im one of the guys that like normal bikes.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I picked up a deck from his store when I was in Vegas a few weeks ago. I have yet to take them out of the box. I got them for a collectors item more than anything.

Though it may sound petty, I was kinda disappointed with the quality of the box they came in.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Hey Mark, let's do that new mentalism routine. Now nothing has been pre-arranged between us, seriously, but somehow, I am willing to communicate my thoughts on Criss Angel backed cards to mmreed and he will give you my opinion...................
JBetts97
View Profile
New user
Houghton Lake, Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of JBetts97
Who's mark?

-JBetts97
Cipher
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Cipher
Quote:
On 2009-01-06 18:24, JBetts97 wrote:
Who's mark?

-JBetts97

mmreed. His name is in his signature.
JBetts97
View Profile
New user
Houghton Lake, Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of JBetts97
Thanks
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
I predict Pepka will say .. hey wait... I cant. The darn profanity filter wont let me say they are %^@)($&% worthless. However, without wonderful decks like these, Pepkas couch would lean to the left.

I know a lot of guys collect deck designs... which is fine - its a hobby.. like collecting baseball cards or whatever... but as for magic - I think it is best to stick with normal bikes unless you are using a specific design for a specific theme. For example, I use a Pirate themed deck and design for a Sea Gypsy Curse routine.
Mark Reed
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Quote:
On 2009-01-06 22:06, mmreed wrote:
I predict Pepka will say .. hey wait... I cant. The darn profanity filter wont let me say they are %^@)($&% worthless. However, without wonderful decks like these, Pepkas couch would lean to the left.

LOL! Yup, sounds like Pepka. Smile
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Amazing! Eat your heart out Max Maven!
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
When Criss Angel starts using playing cards with MY name and eyes on the back, then I might consider returning him the favor.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Hey Pepka - now that the soaf is balanced, they coudl always make great coasters!!!

True story of my own >>> The tiger deck makes a GREAT ice scraper. hahaha
Mark Reed
byxnz
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of byxnz
Forget the Criss Angel decks. Get yourself some traditionally cut Bikes. Those will get you laid.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Red or Blue backed?? Smile
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
Quote:
On 2009-01-08 08:40, agent61 wrote:
Red or Blue backed?? Smile

...ask Pepka's monkey.
owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
I collect different things from magi's also, post cards, ect... I think it's great way to remeber your adventures by. I just bought cone-tact from Aldo Colombini 1/05/09 and had him sign the back cover sheet, and dang, I have misplaced it all ready, if you find it please send it back too me. I have the 6 page routine still. It's great. Owln_1
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
These cards are at all the dollar stores and selling out. I bought one and they are extremely poor quality. Not even going by Bike standards, they are simply not usable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Criss Angel cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL