The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Notion of Motion - Anyone seen this?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rusty
View Profile
New user
England
77 Posts

Profile of Rusty
Does anyone have this effect I found.

Here is the lowdown :

A cased pack of cards is shown on all six sides - all is as it should be.

The cards are removed, fanned and ribbon spread to show all 52 faces.

The interior of the case is shown empty and the cards returned back inside and the flap is closed.

The pack is held in one hand only with all four real fingers and thumb in view (as above).

For the first time a playing card is freely named - no force.

The flap is opened...

.....slowly, the named card starts to rise.

Details at
http://www.tenyoworld.co.uk/notion%20of%20motion.htm
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
I don't own one but did contemplate at one time buying it. I even asked Angelo about it, specifically his opinion on any level of difficulty that would be involved in performing. He responded that palming is required. I have never been good at this sleight and at $250, I passed.
It's sounds like a great piece of magic and I would reconsider if anyone out there who owns one has a different view.
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Oh... thanks for the info Rusty!!
Does anyone has it? Please give us some review of it! ^_^~~
GeorgeG, I cannot possibly believe that PALMING is required for a Rising effect... it makes me confused... but it's under too many BIG names, I am still thinking to go for it or not.

Michael Lam Smile
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Michael
The info regarding palming in Notion Motion is straight from the creator himself, Angelo Carbone so it's quite reliable. He didn't offer to mention what phase of the routine is the sleight required, nor did he offer if an "alternative" step is possible. I suspect it is used to show everyone you're "clean" during the routine and palming adds or removes that something "extra" that does the magic.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Notion of Motion is an incredible rising card effect. Don't get to stressed about the palming aspect. It is not palming in the true sens eof the word. There is a lot more going on to acheive the effect than whether you can palm or not. Palming is not vital to the effect.

Tehre are always handling changes you can make so that it suits you.

I would say it's one of the strongest rising card effects on the market. No card is chosen, you just name a card and it rises from the cased deck.

WOW!
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Notion of Motion is a brilliant solution to an age old problem. It is NOT self working, but if you are willing to invest the money for this wonderful concept, you should be willing to follow through a comparable investment in time.

The descriptions of the effect are accurate.

It is a stunningly crafted piece of magic.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
971 Posts

Profile of brainman
Does only one card rise or a block of cards?
Thanks
P
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
I don't know if specific methodology should be discussed when referring to an exclusive marketed effect of this nature.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Only the named card rises.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I have a method for a deck cutting itself (ala Haunted Pack) to any named card, it costs about $15 to make, and the cards can be used for any other effect afterwards because they're essentially not gimmicked.

While the effect absolutely KILLS, it unfortunately requires the use of a table or other working surface (as do all Haunted Pack routines) so isn't perfect for all walk-around situations.

I'd love to see Notion of Motion because it apparently can be done walk-around (since it's in your hands) and in my opinion a rising card is more visible than a deck cutting itself since with the former the cards are vertical and with the latter they're horizontal.

I'm not adverse to spending $250 on something I'll use professionally, but have been burned too many times by buying based only on a description whereas if I had seen the effect performed first I could have easily determined if it would fit my style, performing conditions, etc.

I'm also wondering how more effective it might be than using another extremely effective and very inexpensive method I've used to make any named card rise - - using nothing more than a m-----zed deck and the one-card thick rising card gimmick that Henry Evans markets.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Some discussion back in the first year's archive.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/archive1/vie......forum=29

Brian
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I am happy to answer any questions on this deck. Feel free to email me or PM me.

It takes a long time to make up this effect. The price reflects the construction time, the effect generally and the exclusivity of it.

I include two handling routines for the deck. One is a one-handed version which requires palming and the other is a two-handed version which requires no palming. In the two handed version the deck is held in one hand and your free hand is used to hold back the flap of the case as the card rises.

Not only can the card rise but it can also sink down by itself if you wish.

Joshua Jay has a nice handling for the deck which I have included in the instruction manual.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Angelo

PS I created this in 1993 before I even knew about Ariston's Arising Card. The methods are different from eachother.

Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Notion of Motion - Anyone seen this?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL