The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Outlook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I couldn't access my email at one point, because the online AOL wasn't working, so I turned to Outlook. Now, everytime it's opened it's on my email. Anyone can just open Outlook and view everything of mine, even send mail. Is there any way to "sign off" Outlook and not have it go directly to my AOL account?

I have Outlook 2007.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Do you mean everyone at home who uses the same computer?

If so you need to set an identity or account for your email in Outlook and require a password to open your mail.

Destiny
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Ya, everyone who uses this computer, and this is the main computer. I don't want to set a password, I want to shut it down!
ElectricBlue
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ElectricBlue
You have two options.
1. look in the configuration and tell it to always check for a password. This would be our AOL email password this when out look is opened a password will need to be entered for that person to gain access to the computer.

2. remove the email account from outlook, this means that if you ever want to get your emails through out look again you would have to do all the set up again. See here.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outloo......033.aspx

Just as an aside if you have multiple people accessing the one home PC it is worthwhile setting up separate user profiles for each user. This would help avoid problems such as this one and is also good for preventing people accidentally changing other peoples work.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
That worked, thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Outlook (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL