The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Open Hand Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

amazenyou
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
95 Posts

Profile of amazenyou
Hey folks.

I searched around as I am sure this has been covered on the forum before, but could not find anything.

What is the name (and a reference) for the "open hand" silk production? IE, both hands shown palms out, reach out and bam, silk. I've seen allot of folks do this (Amyx, Clark, Sperry) but have yet to find a name or reference for it. Then again the only silk book I have is old as can be... haha (Silken Sorcery).

Thanks guys... I seem to ask 5 million questions these days... hah

C
Youth Writer - Linking Ring Magazine
If you know of a youth that should be featured in my article, let me know!
www.cliffbumgardner.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
You'll find several methods described in the Rice Encyclopedia of Silks. If you're interested in performing silk magic, it's time to upgrade from Silken Sorcery.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Also a commercial method is Berland's silk Appear.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
amazenyou
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
95 Posts

Profile of amazenyou
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 09:12, hugmagic wrote:
Also a commercial method is Berland's silk Appear.

Richard

I've been looking for this but to no avail, know of a site that has it?

Thanks guys,
C
www.cliffbumgardner.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I may be getting some in but it will be awhile. The manufacturer is out of business but I talked to him and he said he still had some. Now If I can just get him to send them out.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I have been performing that version (Tony Clark, Sperry etc. for some time now.
Rice's silk books - GET THEM.

I would venture to say that most professionals do a lot of reading. There are many treasures out there still to discover.

Think about it, how many of us own all the Tarbell books and yet it was not until DC did crazy man handcuffs on TV that everyone scrambled to find out what it was and where to learn it.

Anyway I was just saying that you should check out the Rice books. They are worth it.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
amazenyou
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
95 Posts

Profile of amazenyou
Quote:
On 2009-01-08 21:11, Sam Sandler wrote:
I have been performing that version (Tony Clark, Sperry etc. for some time now.
Rice's silk books - GET THEM.

I would venture to say that most professionals do a lot of reading. There are many treasures out there still to discover.

Think about it, how many of us own all the Tarbell books and yet it was not until DC did crazy man handcuffs on TV that everyone scrambled to find out what it was and where to learn it.

Anyway I was just saying that you should check out the Rice books. They are worth it.

sam

Oh, certainly. Just, as we all know, that stuff gets eeeexpeeeensiiive... haha If there was an individual resource instead of buying an entire series, I was going to check it out. If not, I'll get the Rice books when I can.

I came up with my own method, but it is faaar inept compared to the version I have been seeing.

Thanks,
C
www.cliffbumgardner.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Consider getting the CD if you can afford it:

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......0&page=3

It is full of typos and grammatical errors, but all the information and the pictures are there, so it is usable for your purposes. Later on, when you become rich and famous, you can replace it with the 4 volume set so it will look nice on your book shelf, but in the meantime you can get a lot of use from the $40 CD.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Open Hand Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL