The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Shower of fire finish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

carlosbosco
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of carlosbosco
I want to have a type of geyser at the end of my show. While I'm taking a bow I want two geysers to go off one on each side of me. What are these called and what do I need to set them off at the same time. I was thinking of hooking up model rocket controllers to them and have them go off stage one on each side and someone on each side of the stage set them off at the same time. Would this be practical? Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Carlos
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 21:36, carlosbosco wrote:
I want to have a type of geyser at the end of my show. While I'm taking a bow I want two geysers to go off one on each side of me. What are these called and what do I need to set them off at the same time. I was thinking of hooking up model rocket controllers to them and have them go off stage one on each side and someone on each side of the stage set them off at the same time. Would this be practical? Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Carlos

Whay you need is a pyrotechnicians license, pyro permits, inspections by the fire marshall for any venue you want to do it in and liability insurance that specifically covers pyrotechnics.
Once you have all that, you will know how to make that setup (Which would indeed light the sparkler fountains) work safely.
Do a search for Great White Rhode Island Fire or just go here http://www.projo.com/extra/2003/stationfire/
You will see why I am concerned.
carlosbosco
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of carlosbosco
:O wow I never guessed you needed that much permission and inspections. Wow I think ill rule that one one of my list.

Thanks

Carlos
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Thank you for being one of the smart ones!
Admitted, it would be a cool effect, but the safety and red tape can be very cost prohibitive.
Gwyd
carlosbosco
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of carlosbosco
Haha thanks... there was a nightclub somewheres that it caught on fire because of pyro on a stage not too long ago.

Thanks

Carlos
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Shower of fire finish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL