The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » OUR NEW SHOW IN SAN FRANCISCO! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
Now and at the Hour
Previews in San Francisco before going to NYC as part of the 2009 FRIGID Festival, a new festival for independent theatre.

Here's my blog for more info:
http://christiancagigal.blogspot.com/
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
VERY nice! Love the look and feel!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Rweally like the poster and graphics.
What's the phonetic pronouncer on your last name?

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Myrsolon
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Myrsolon
My initial reaction to your flyer was "OH! OH! I WANT TO GO!" followed by the instant dissappointment of realizing classes prevent me from flying to either location.

So, if there are more people with my particular love of storytelling magic you'll have a packed house.

I hope there are many others like myself, and I wish you the best in the show. Let us know how it turns out! (and maybe, just maybe we'll get lucky and you'll post a clip or two on youtube.)
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Quote:
On 2009-01-09 10:27, Doug Higley wrote:
Rweally like the poster and graphics.
What's the phonetic pronouncer on your last name?

Doug

Doug your photo is so 70s! I feel like any second you are going to break out in a Tom Jones set. "It's not unusual to be..." I suppose I should talk with my dumbass rabbit. I am working on some pics - acquiring my bizarre ensemble as we speak!

According to the TV show he was on it is Caj ih gul. But that doesn't mean they didn't totally butcher it.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
I beleive a few of my NY & NJ Theatre buddies would be interested in coming.
I shall post it on my board.

Break a leg,

SB
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Uh...wrong decade...the 70's were long History. My hair is still exactly the same length and cut...only the color has changed on top and a few more pounds...other than that, that's me. If I shaved and lost some weight I could take just about the same picture.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Congrats Christian!

I’ll try to make it to an SF show,
and I’ll alert my NY posse about the event.

How much different in content/feel than Pandora Ex?

Knock ‘em dead!
Walt
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Hi guys!
Thanks for the reception =)

So it's a different show from Pandora in material but the same feel as I am trying to further develope "what I do" artistically ...but it's in pack light play big format due to the fact that I have to travel with the show, load in 15 minutes and load out in 15 minutes with the audiences changing at the same time too.

I probably won't youtube these shows. I'll probably youtube the show when we bring it back to SF over the summer. Then the show will be better and I'll have more creative control over the production conditions.

Yes Clifford is right.
Caj I gal
(if you're wondering it's Spanish and originally it's pronounced Ca he gal)
But I gringo-fied it to make it easier for all of the substitute teachers while I was growing up...I felt bad for everybody trying to say it Smile

Doug,
I can only think of the words to that fine, fine song....
"SEXY M@@#A F@#KAAAAAAAAAAAA....."
www.christiancagigal.com
scottasf
View Profile
Regular user
san leandro, ca
157 Posts

Profile of scottasf
Hello,
I just purchased 2 tickets for the Feb 14 show. As that happens to also be my birthday.
2008/2009 President Oakland Magic Circle

"Life would be so wonderful if we only knew what to do with it." - Greta Garbo
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Thanks!
I hope to do a feedback session with the audience for 15 minutes after the show so please stick around and hang out. Maybe we can get a bite or a milkshake afterwards...oh and don't forget the show's at 8:30pm here in San Francisco.

C
www.christiancagigal.com
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
The Dark Woods of New England
793 Posts

Profile of Matthew St. Cyr
I think I may have some free time in March.....I will see what I can do to get up and see your show. I loved your stuff on You Tube and would love to see you perform live.
The Wonder Lies In The Dark Between The Stars. . .
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Hey Christian,
good luck.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
14th for me and Annie too!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
See ya with my posse on the 6th!
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Thanks guys!
So, I found myself on our SF/Norcal Thread down in the So Happy Together section.
And, I've been noticing how much has been bubbling in the SF Bay Area, of which I am a proud member. And, then I found myself writing a long list of Kudo's in hopes of instilling some pride in our area. So, here's essentially what I wrote and I wanted to share it with you folks because about half of the list consist of Theatre and/or Bizarre and/or Storytelling magic. That along with Kay's Odd Gathering coming, I really think GREAT things are happening here and I do hope more will notice it.

Quote:
On 2009-01-15 17:13, christiancagigal wrote:
So when's somebody outside of the Bay Area (or even in the Bay Area) gonna realize that NY and LA aren't the only places for magic anymore. As the internet keeps making the world a smaller place, it's also getting democratized (the net's buzz word.) In turn the world is becoming a HUGE place with options and space for everybody! Including our amazing and diverse SF Bay Area.

Jay Alexander at the Marin Civic Auditorium and he's planning more of his Jay Alexander's Carnival of the Mind-mentalism shows.

Paul Nathan's back with his story-theatre piece Devil in the Deck.

Fred Anderson's Magic and More

Big Al, RJ Owens and Adam Sachs: Absolute Magic

David Hirata's Holiday Magic Show, it's much more inspired by words and story then making kids scream and yell(Hoping to see grown up stuff from him soon...I mean that in a good way.)

Gerry G. And California Magic in Martinez every Saturday! The best of the best perform there.

Jerry Salizar (sp?) at the Wharf (He's been street performing there for DECADES!)

Big Al on the stage at Pier 39 (down the way from Jerry on the Wharf

Walt Anthony, David Miller and Brian Scott (sorry show title escapes me)April 2009

Christian Cagigal (that's me...) opening: Now and at the Hour this summer 2009 after performing it in NYC. (And don't forget The Pandora Experiment had four successful runs over the course of a year)

Kay Tracy's Bizarre Convention-Odd Gathing March 2009 in Livermore

Dorian Rodel's Golden Gate Gathering for our talented flickers in Santa Rosa.

Magic Garage in the San Jose Area (never been but heard it's fun)

Jon Pon Misdirections Magic Shop (an important apex for all of the events and people to connect. There's power in connection and numbers and this forum is proof)

Jim Fassbinder: The San Francisco Ghost Hunt Walking Tour-not a magic show but it's got magic in it =)One could call it a slightly Bizarre historical walking tour and it's been running almost everyday for the past 10 years.

Alex Gonzales came out of Joe Pon's Stage Competitions and now is the STAR OF RINGLING BROTHERS AND BARNUM AND BAILY CIRCUS! NO KIDDING! HE'S 23. A MAGICAN. AND THE STAR OF RINGLING BROS. CIRCUS!

I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody right now...

But all of this to say...
We have a lot to be proud of here in San Francisco and I just want to acknowledge it.

C

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!
www.christiancagigal.com
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Sounds like a magical place to be!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

UPDATE!
A little birdy just told me that you can find a write up on "Now and at the Hour" in the Update Section of next month's Magic Magazine! =) THANKS LITTLE BIRDY!!!!!

CORRECTION: In my last post above I lauded the success of an up and coming young magician who is VERY WELL ARRIVING ON THE SCENE AS YOU READ THIS! I am speaking about Alex (from the SF Bay Area) who's the new star of Ringling Bros. Circus (Main Red Unit Show). I refered to him as Alex Gonzales however the world shall know him as ALEX RAMON! Don't forget that name - ALEX RAMON - because you're gonna see great things from him!

Look for Alex Ramon in Rinling's new Magic Circus show "ZING, ZANG, ZOOM!" with illusions by Jim Steinmeyer.

Keep an out eye out because you'll see him on the cover of a big time magicianSs magazine in the next month or two.

Thanks,
C
www.christiancagigal.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » OUR NEW SHOW IN SAN FRANCISCO! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL