The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Dorian Rhodell lecturing in S.F.! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Hi everyone,

Just a quick note that I will be lecturing at Misdirections Magic Shop on Wed. January 28th.

Go check out http://www.misdirections.com for more details.

Hope to a lot of you there and meet some of you Café dwellers face to face!

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
Rock on Man!
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I'll be there mate!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Yo Dorian,

I'm sittin' in Little Joe's... Where are you?

Cheers,

Tom
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

You're sittin' in little joe's at 12am on a thursday/friday night looking for Dorian.....is there something you guys ain't tellin' us.......?
www.christiancagigal.com
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Well, first off the clock at The Café is East Coast time. It was only 9pm... And if you have any questions as to why one would go there, just go and ask Anna. She's a great bartender. Last but not least I was just razzing Dorian because once I came to see him perform there, but he had gone home early.

But now WE know how your mind works. Smile
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

...shut up...... =p

Dorian!
I'm sorry!
I stink!
I can't make it tomorrow night. We preview the show next week and I'm way behind.
I'm sorry...

can I get a personal session?.....

WAIT SHUT UP TOM, THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!!!
www.christiancagigal.com
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
I've never gotten the chance to see Dorian lecture before but I've seen him do some amazing things with playing cards.

If he can teach the techniques as well as he can perform them, tonight will be awesome.

Dave
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

It was a really fun lecture. I loved how hands on Dorian is willing to get. I also appreciate that while he's teaching us his own work he makes sure to teach us the classics and hidden historical gems new generations of card workers don't get to see in the tidal wave of "New and Easy" stuff that's put out there all of the time.

I rarely see something in a lecture that I think..."Oh I could actually use that." It's even rarer that I see it in a card or slieghts lecture. But, tonight I came home and grabbed my cards and said, "Ok how did that go again, that was great!"

I thought the really valuable stuff that everyone needed to hear was the part about timing and pacing. Not just timing of a routine rather, the pacing of a move. Which move to use when? What fits and flows well and why and when.

I would love to see more of that! That's the REAL work!!! That's what elevates a flicker to an Artist!

C
www.christiancagigal.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Dorian Rhodell lecturing in S.F.! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL