The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » School show report (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
247 Posts

Profile of gocall911
I did that school show today I told you all about. I must say it went great! I had very few of the "I know how you did that" kind of kids and was ready for the few I did have.

I had to switch up my tricks a bit cause the groups didn't come in order. Some of the stuff that went best with the older kids were the Crazyman's Handcuffs, Card Around Neck (see We Double Dare You board), 8 card Brainwave, and C&R rope.

For the younger kids I did the coloring book with a new breakaway wand gag (see the above board). I also used the change bag and T.T. to do a short and sweet silk act.

Everything I did was loved by the kids and I ended up having the most loved table there. I also had a great time and my girlfriend told me that all the teachers were talking about me afterwards (in a good way).

I just wanted to tell you all how it went and what worked best.
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Gocall,

Congrats!! It sounds like you did a good job!
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
I am glad it worked out for you. Try and get some testimonials from those teachers that are talking about you. They will come in very handy if you want to get more work in schools.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
gocall911:

I am glad everything came up right. I bet the
younger kids loved the coloring book ... congratulations.

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Gocall911 writes: "I also had a great time . . ."

That's the key! If you are enjoying yourself, that will come across to the audience and they will end up enjoying themselves.

Congratulations!
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
Well done. Being versatile and able to switch stuff around is an important part of being an entertainer. Gigs like that rarely go as planned so we have to adapt to fit. Glad you enjoyed it.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Glad to hear it! Great job!
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Mike the Amazing
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Mike the Amazing
Good job! We all knew you would do great, and it sounds like you went past that. Smile
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
For a great resource on "School Shows" check out http://www.schoolshows.com

It is where I went to get a jumpstart on my presentations...

Best of luck!
rr
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Well done gocall! Glad it went well. We all need to get advice at times— and you certainly came to the best place for that. But at the end of the day it is "Self Belief" that counts.
mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » School show report (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL