The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » NBA Halftime Show Oklahoma City Tomorrow night (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers guys. Ironically this Monday's Masters of Illusion features Kristen full view water torture cell, as well as, Kristen performs it today at an arena in Beaumont, TX for 4,000 people. We're making sure she is feeling good and blood sugar is correct.

Curtis...Locks are there instead of quick releases or carabiners because the audience could question the validity of the locks in the water cell if quick releases were used on the outside. As noted by another on this thread...I had her out in about 8 seconds. How mush faster do you feel it should be?

Jay...not what part of the footage do you feel Curtis missed?

Check out Masters of Illusion Monday night and let us know your thoughts
Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
I know that you got her out fast this time...
But my water props all I have to do is to push or pull on the lid and will pop right open... I guess working with Mark C. and Cliff who are safety freaks kinda rubbed off on me. Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Yes lets just make sure that on a public forum we reveal your sectet - that your water props just POP open by pushing on the lid. Nothing like exposure in a public forum!

I do realize it would have been hard to not say it but after sever hours of thinking I came up with this:- "my water escapes all have built in a fail safe for me to use from teh inside - so that I can get out really quickly in case I need it.".

But then it looked, to me, like Kristen was unconcious? And if I am not mistaken unconcious people cant Push?

I still think you both did a great job and to be honest - did you tell them that the escape would be Kristen would get herself out or just that she would get out of hte chains? I am not that familiar with the routine. And I recall the thought "don't tell them what is going to happen - then as they don't know you can go to a diffent conclusion and still be successful". Its true for ALL brances of magic (not that I am telling you that - you know that I'm just "thinking aloud").

Dave
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Just caught a video of that halftime show posted on the "Not very Magical" forum. Glad to hear that Kristen's safe and well.

-Erik
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Just watched the video.
That was incredibly frightning.
As someone who works exclusively with a partner doing dangerous stuff, I can easily imagine how heartstopping that was for them.
Very glad to hear that Kristen is ok and thank you Kevin for reacting so quickly. Sylver and I have watched that escape done by Kristen many many times...One of our favourites. Seeing it go wrong, watching it will never be the same.
Be well, be safe.
Gwyd
bgh13mm
View Profile
New user
Pelham, Alabama
84 Posts

Profile of bgh13mm
Quote:
Glad your both ok

On 2009-01-24 03:04, Apache wrote:
Hi Kevin & Kristen

Truly scary looking moment. Reminder that there is always unknown factor. Huh. Glad to hear that Kristen is alright. Best wishes for both.

-Jari-
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of trey
Creepy!

Trey
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Hats off on the MOI show. Kristen was submerged for at least twice as long as an average person can hold their breath sitting quietly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » NBA Halftime Show Oklahoma City Tomorrow night (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL