The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Foiled Again (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Just thought you guys would be interested in this product...it's GREAT for table hopping...

Bizzaro asked me to be the Magician for his demo of his latest product....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSpU5TC3D......e2a6ca7e
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Sword of the Soldier
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Sword of the Soldier
Hahaha, I like it! So my style!
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Are there any swithces involvded? Ha, just kidding.

Jim
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Nice job Lyle. I do a coin flurry routine with a jumbo coin finish.
I like this. Sold!!
DP
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
This looks very workable, and would be a perfect addition to my coin routine. Although it says "No switches" I'm pretty sure there were a few switches involved. Otherwise, that half dollar really did get larger.(lol)

I'm sold just on the clear, unedited, real working performance on the demo.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
So basically, he took Paul Harris' idea that's already in print and added it to a jumbo coin? It's not very original. Nothing wrong with it, it's just not an original idea.
AaronTheMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of AaronTheMagician
Actually twist, if you want to get technical, Harris ripped off the old wallpaper gag and applied it to a teeny tiny coin.

If you know the Harris effect and watch the video you will see they are NOTHING like one another. (aside from the idea of chocolate being under a coin. However, since when is variation a crime? How many of us do ambitious card?)
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Its a great idea.
I like it?
How can I built this coin, or where can I find this product??

Thanks
MikeyM71
View Profile
Regular user
Chesapeake, OH
153 Posts

Profile of MikeyM71
Cool idea! Thanks for sharing. Smile
<BR>Mikey M.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Quote:
On 2009-01-17 17:37, dedikc wrote:
Its a great idea.
I like it?
How can I built this coin, or where can I find this product??

Thanks

http://smappdooda.com/vend.html
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
In my post I said, that there was nothing wrong with it. Some people may really want to do this trick. The nice thing about it is that it lets this small gag play for a bigger crowd. This would be great for family restaurants because kids would go crazy for it!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Here's my thought (as the performer in the demo). It's more of an aside. It's not really one of those things that is going to BLOW YOUR AUDIENCE OUT OF THE WATER...it's funny! It's a gag. It's amazing but not like "OMG!!! WTF???" It happens and before they realize anything it's done. It's just a neat way to end a routine in a way that they have NEVER seen before.

Bizzaro's entire act has gravitated towards food! Everything he does now has something to do with eating. This is just yet another example of an original thinker trying to make US look better as performers.

It's a fun little bit of business...don't over think it. He dropped the price down to $15.00...that's a steal.

Christopher

P.S. To the comment of "they didn't seem very impressed"....could be that we shot some of this at a Denny's restaurant at like 2am in the morning to people who were half asleep. Earlier in the night we were at a club (the darker footage) and you'll notice that the people watching that were goin' nuts!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
First you say that it won't BLOW YOUR AUDIENCE OUT OF THE WATER. Not like OMG!!! WTF!!! But, then you say, "Earlier in the night we were at a club (the darker footage) and you'll notice that the people watching that were goin' nuts!" Going nuts? Isn't that something like, "OMG" or "WTF" Sorry, but there is contradiction in what you wrote. It's either a funny gag, or a workable trick. Now that I am clear of the workings of it. I'm not sure if I want to add it into my routine. If I ever decide to visit Denny's at 2am, I might reconsider.(lol) Nice idea though...for a gag.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2009-01-18 10:17, lylemagic wrote:
P.S. To the comment of "they didn't seem very impressed"....could be that we shot some of this at a Denny's restaurant at like 2am in the morning to people who were half asleep. Earlier in the night we were at a club (the darker footage) and you'll notice that the people watching that were goin' nuts!

Not all audiences outwardly express their amazement over an effect. Anyone who has performed on a regular basis knows and has experienced different personalities.
Sometimes you think you've lost your touch only to find out they were thoroughly
impressed and told you so later. I enjoyed the the video especially the guy at the end trying to peel apart the so-called foil. When you see that, that's when you just smile inside.
DP
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Todd...

You either like the thing or you don't. It doesn't bother me. It's not my product. I think it's cute for what it is. I said nothing contradictory. My point was the people that were at Denny's were tired (as was I) since it was so late at night. They were really impressed with it and they all went for the coin to try and peel the foil away. That's the money right there. They just didn't go running down the street yelling and cussing over it. But they were imnpressed.

Earlier in the night while performing at a club they were more vocal about it. It was earlier in the evening.

Don't over think it. On the level...it's a GAG and nothing more. But this gag will produce a moment of amazement which is inspiring. You either like it or you don't. I don't really care b/c like I said before, it ain't my product. But I think it's a fun bit of business...if you don't think so then fine. Whatever...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

...and listen to the demo at 1:02. The women exclaims "what in the hell happend there?"

THAT is the type of response you will get from this effect. It weird, un-expected and just plain cool. Don't believe me...then buy for from Bizzaro and find out for yourself. If it sucks for you, then throw it into yer drawer full of all the other crap that didn't work out for you over the years. I guarentee that you spent more on the other stuff than on Foiled Again.

The other day, I had a perfect set up for this trick that was thrown at me by a spectator...and I DIDN'T have foiled on me at the time...DOAH! I produced the Jumbo and after examination, the women said, "it looks like one of those chocalate coins!"

WHAT A SET UP!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
IMHO its an excellent gag- ending for a coin routine! I believe in this gag!
Lyle: Excellent work!
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
I stand corrected.Smile After re-reading my post, and reading lylemagic's response to it, I feel humbled. I'm surprised on how harsh my post sounded. I wasn't meaning to have it come out so strong. I didn't feel that strong about it when I wrote it.

I will say, (without sounding like I'm sucking up) that I do believe that your handling and performance of it was amazing. I thought I would have to buy a special jumbo coin to perform this. When I went to the site to order it I was surprised by the low price, and the fact that I wouldn't have to pay for a new jumbo coin. I still believe this would be a great gag. I did purchase one, and if I'm honest with myself, I probally will end up using it in my coin routine.Smile

Todd Smile
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Foiled is the coolest thing you can do with a jumbo coin beyond it's production or vanish. If you bother to carry a big coin, get some more mileage out of it and get one of these..Eyes do pop out of heads...gross I know, but it is fun to watch!
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The only problem is when it is hot. Those days will melt the chocolate.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Foiled Again (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL