The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Tom Stone in Genii (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Most who know me here at the Café know that I am a huge fan of Tom Stone's thinking, so you can imagine my excitement when I came upon his new column in the February issue (a column that will alternate with another column by Aaron Fisher throughout the year). This is just the tip of the iceberg for me, as there is also a feature article on Hiro Sakai, and a clever challenge from Paul Harris which makes me even more anxious to receive the new DVD set from him later this month (next month?).
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Any link? I can't find this on their website.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
It may be mentioned on the site, but the actual article is in the magazine (February 2009).
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
What I meant to say was, I cant find this issue on their website.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I don't think it's posted there yet, as it just came out. Usually takes a week or two. I get mine early, as a subscriber.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Its posted now!!! Im so excited Hiro Sakai fools me badly in the IBM/SAM convention with the bank night with the balloons and its included in his issue!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
GTamaki
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of GTamaki
Magiguy, I agree totally with your enthusiasm with Tom Stone's writing. I became a new subscriber to Genii and my first issue was the Feb. issue. Stone's article is the first one I read thru and it blew me away.

His questions regarding "What is the effect?" Turned me on to a whole new way of thinking thru my own routines and how I am presenting them.

It's the first time I've heard of Tom Stone. Now I am a fan of his writing and cannot wait to see what his next article will be.

In fact, his ideas goes beyond magic and can be applied to creative writing in general. He takes the general who, what, where, when, why, how to a deeper level. His ideas in this article will even help my teenage daughter when she writes essays for her English class.

That article alone confirmed to me I made the right choice to subscribe to Genii magazine.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
GTamaki,
If you're interested, here's a link to Tom's website. Plenty of amazing material for you to dive into.

http://shop.tomstone.se/
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Hermetic Press will eventually a book of Tom Stone's material.

I'm glad you're enjoying it in Genii. It's one of my favorite columns. Thoughtful and intellectually provocative.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
After asking Stephen Minch about Tom's book he informed me that it will be out this year, with no date set yet.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I just finished reading (and contemplating upon) the latest Ton Stone article in the June, 2009 edition of Genii. (The Wayne Houchin edition.)

WOW!! What heavy-duty ind-epth exposition on misdirection and what the eyes see and what the eyes are incapable of seeing (i.e., physically impossible). And then, Tom coupled that information up with how to take advantage of such deficiency and incorporate such knowledge into your misdirection. Tom gives a very vivid example of using this information in structuring the "TT and disappearing silk" effect.

I took over an hour and a half digesting just this one article. I know that I'll be coming back to this article many many times until I can get comfortable with the information and heve it become second nature to me and be able to automatically think out and structure any magic that I put together. From the simplest coin vanish to...? Tom's article is one of the most valuable pieces of magic information a person can have at his side.

I've always been a Tom Stone fan. And now, to learn that Hermetic Press will be publishing an upcoming Tom Stone book? I can hardly wait.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
FYI... Tom just released a new ebook on his site, titled "Fuzzy Logic." I am just now sitting down to read it, and a review will follow, but for those who can't wait (and shouldn't)...

http://shop.tomstone.se/
Magic Researcher
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Magic Researcher
Check out his cylinder and coins in the August issue!
MR
Repeating a falsehood often and loudly does not make it true.
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On 2009-07-18 12:38, Magic Researcher wrote:
Check out his cylinder and coins in the August issue!
MR

I just noticed that Jim Riser has made an "web extension" to my article, that contains a lot of very useful information. Take a peek at his Genii Experiment.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The cylinders are quite widely available now from just about any dealer.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Tom Stone in Genii (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL