The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Need help -- Manipulation Act – The Four Seasons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

juggernaut187
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of juggernaut187
I’m putting together a stage manipulation act that will cover all four seasons. I start with spring doing some flower productions and a kind of endless rose thing. That leads into summer where I’ll do a small parasol production routine with a salt pour but using sand instead of salt and then end it with multiplying bubbles. I know I want the big finish to be winter with a snowstorm effect, but I can’t think of anything for fall!

I need some ideas for manipulation magic related to fall. Color changing leafs…maybe….? I also wanted to do a wilting flower thing as a transition into winter. The whole thing is to a chopped up version of Vivaldi's four seasons, and there’s byplay with a child assistant around age 5 or 6 so it has sort of a comedic tone to it if that helps.

Any ideas?
eshdath
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of eshdath
Hi, you could do some card manipulation with the leaves B.P. ,some fan productions ,ect.. The shape and texture of the leaves might be work against you ,but not to much I would imagine.
Zion speaks......are you listening?
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Some ideas for the leaves ...

* Color Changing Leaves
* Leaves Productions
* Diminishing Leaves
* Enlarging Leaves
* Floating Leaf

Hope this helps.
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
Produce a pumpkin! Maybe even zombie it around?
-Daniel
juggernaut187
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of juggernaut187
You know, that pumpkin idea gets me thinking that maybe I can somehow toss some candle magic into the fall section, with jackolanterns. Maybe a multiplying candle effect as I try to place a candle in a lantern and keep getting more and more candles.

I think that might work. Thanks!
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Fruit productions. Grape, apples, pears, etc.

Best,

Soleil
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
There is a wonderful children's story by Chris Van Allsburg (author of _The Polar Express_) called "The Stranger" in which the Stranger breathes on a green leaf and it turns to orange. You could probably make a paddle-type leaf to do this. (If you've never read _The Stranger_, you should check it out at a library. In some ways I like it a lot more than _The Polar Express_.)

P&A has a blendo bag that transforms into a large snowman silk, which would be great for winter.

I think there's also a silk routine where the kids throw colors at a 36" black and white flower silk in a change bag and it becomes first a mismade (miscolored) silk and then is transformed to a properly colored silk. Can't remember who the manufacturer is.

A beach pail could be used for a summer Midas Dream routine.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2009-01-19 15:27, soleil wrote:
Fruit productions. Grape, apples, pears, etc.

Best,

Soleil

This is a good idea. The fruits will look colorful when they are produced or used in conjunction with different effects.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
You said you were going to have a child assistant. How about introducing the child in the autumn segment dressed up in some back to school clothes carrying school books. You could do some book tricks like the coloring book. In know that’s not manipulation but it might add some comic relief to you routine as you wanted. Maybe even float the child in the “windy” fall weather.

Other ideas:

Spring—Birds and rabbits
Summer—Change of costume into short sleeves. Possibly a stage size cups and balls with fruit. Fire and water tricks also
Winter—Your right, the snow storm is a natural!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
Perhaps for the summer routine you are "dressed down" into shorts or a lighter shirt or something. then you notice a chill in the air as it turns to fall, and the leaf effects start, so you put on a coat (this would be a great context to effect any prop steals as well). this will make the audience's mind clear that a change has occured.
amazenyou
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
95 Posts

Profile of amazenyou
Michael P. Lair has a very interesting zombie style effect with a mini beach ball. Might be worth looking into.

C
Youth Writer - Linking Ring Magazine
If you know of a youth that should be featured in my article, let me know!
www.cliffbumgardner.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Need help -- Manipulation Act – The Four Seasons (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL