The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Feelings of guilt? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-01-25 04:54, nathanallen wrote:
Personally, I don't feel guilty WHILE I am deceiving somebody... But the next morning, sometimes I feel guilty. And hung over.

I've been there before....
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-01-20 13:53, DanielCoyne wrote:
I just did a very simple self-working card prediction for a co-worker, and introduced it with a conversation about psychology and suggestion and some other mumbo-jumbo. Well...he bought it hook line and sinker.

He is such a nice sincere fellow that I'm feeling both devilishly delighted and also a little guilty for getting away with such a out-and-out deception.

Anyone else have this experience?

-Daniel

if your devilish delight is in conflict with your best intentions, just keep reminding yourself -it's only a trick, it's only a trick!

Then do some charity work or something to work off the karma...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
Quote:
Then do some charity...

My ex-girlfriend's name was Charity.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
You feel guilty because deception was your intent. If you have dishonest goals, then you will suffer the repercussions of dishonesty. I perform for thousands of people every year, get paid to do so. I never ever feel guilty about it. Why? Because I'm honest. My intent is only to bring entertainment. I'm not trying to impress, I'm not trying to fool. I'm trying, my very hardest, using all that I know, to entertain. If you try to entertain, you will not feel any guilt. If you succeed, you will feel wonderful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Feelings of guilt? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL