The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Christian and Katalina (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Viscus_
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Viscus_
I just saw Christian and Kataline perform an amazing mentalism show in Marshalltown, IA. Their performance was great and their crowd control was even better. Even knowing how the majority of tricks being performed are done (as I'm not a layman) their pannache and patter was still very impresive and captivating. My favorite trick was either the Super Hero trick, or the liar trick. Both done very well with big results. Again, very impressive guys, good job!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Jeez, that was 80 miles from my house...kicking my own arse for not knowing about it!

Nathan
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Christian seems quite the gentleman. I am sure his show was great.

Sean
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
I am seriously jealous of you.

Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
They have a great deal of charisma, both on and off the stage, and they've put a lot of thought into their costumes and sets. I love that they really enjoy themselves on stage. They are one of the acts I expect to hear more about as the future rides by my watch.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
They seem like open, honest and hard-working people. Nice to hear that audiences are responding to them so well.

- entity
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Christian & Katalina
Viscus,

Thanks for your generous comments. It was a pleasure to meet you and I wish we would have had more time to hang out and trade ideas. We did not know Viscus was a magician until after the show. He was a fantastic audience member and it was a pleasure to have him in the crowd. Because he was smiling and having such a good time, we brought him up on stage for a one of the effects. After the show he showed me some of his work and for only being in magic a short time it showed that he has been studying and learning very well. PM me about your question that you had when we were talking and when I get home in a few days I will give you the reference.

Nathan, next time we are in Iowa we will drop you a line and hope to meet you.

Keith, It was a pleasure to meet you at the IBM/SAM. I wish we would have had more time to get to know each other but that was a crazy convention. We did not get much sleep that week.

Mick,
Hopefully, we will get to meet you in person in February since our schedule will be taking us near you in February. We really look forward to seeing you perform.
Milbourne Christopher Award for Mentalism 2011
The Annemann Award for Menatalism 2016
Author of "Protoplasm" Close-up Mentalism
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
I have had the opportunity to see them perform at a convention. They were first class entertainers all the way. Two things make them stand out. One is their clever repartee and patter on stage. They are extremely quick on their feet and will make you laugh. The other is their offbeat and far from the norm presentations. I had the opportunity to hang out with them and a bunch of other people during the convention and some of their impromptu stuff was blowing people away. My favorite was an effect with four people and a prediction of not only who would hold a coin but what the date on the coin would be. It was one of those come on, there has to be a stooge effect.

A good friend of mine got to see them lecture at Quad Cities and told me it was the best lecture they had all year. It was all mentalism stuff. Before that my friend had never even heard of C & K. He said he was not going to go because mentalism is so boring but he was glad he did because the group held them over for an additional two hours because everyone was having so much fun. He also told me they did the coin at the table routine that smoked everyone at the convention I was at. Now I am jealous and want those lecture notes.

Has anyone else seen that effect?
C & K are your lecture notes for sale?

Richard
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
318 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
Christian and Katalina are a first class act period. Maybe Danny Archer can work his magic and get them to perform and/or lecture at the next Mindvention. This Magic couple does an incredible two person mindreading act that will blow you away. Christian and Katalina would definitely be a hit in 2009 and I can't wait to see them again wherever they perform. What do you think Danny?
"Freedom is the best Magic of all"
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
318 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
It would also be refreshing to see some excellent comedy mentalism that is getting the real money. By the way, I heard a rumor of Christian putting out a book in the future. Any one have news on this????
"Freedom is the best Magic of all"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Christian and Katalina (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL