The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Puzzles In Your Arsenal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2003-06-07 06:54, Dave Le Fevre wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-05-13 08:50, Turk wrote:
Loz,

Nope! One Rubic's Cube only. "What you see is what you get".

Turk

Just a guess, but three faces look randomised and three faces look "solved"?

Dave

Nope. When you start out, it's very well mixed, and can be shown on ALL sides.

At the end, you can spin it in a very free and fair manner and show it's solved,
japanjazzy
View Profile
Regular user
Crestview, Florida
139 Posts

Profile of japanjazzy
I have a two piece puzzle made from plastic that forms a pyramid. It came with a puzzle book that I got from Klutz. I use it in between tricks to give some of the know-it-all teens something to do.

The problem is I have tried to get more but I can't find them. I found wooden versions, but people seem to be able to figure that out very fast. On the plastic smaller version very few actually figure it out at all.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Mel Stover had a sneaky way of presenting this puzzle. He would bring the puzzle out, already in pyramid formation, set it down, briefly explain the challenge, and then knock it apart with his hand. When it was knocked apart, though, there would be three pieces, with one surreptitiously added by Mel.

He would then challenge someone to reassemble the pyramid together "using just these pieces". He never said, of course, that you had to use all of the pieces. Smile
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I love it!

What a great bar stunt (or betcha).

0pus
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Getting back to puzzles in the arsenal, I love doing the Knight's Tour for people. I have a portable version on my PDA.

When I've done my version, it amazes even performers who use a memorized path. This is because, in my version, I let someone choose the starting AND ending squares (as long as they're opposite colors).

If you want to learn this version, I wrote it up here (click).
martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
Hey, puzzles are great! The rankest layman can hold a table group together for 10-15 minutes with a few puzzles, mostly because they involve the spectator. Don't compare the entertainment value of a series of puzzles to a series of good tricks for spontaneous entertainment; the puzzles win every time… unfortunately.
MartyK
Now someone will write and say,"... well, in your hands yes, but in the right hands…"
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
My average time solve a Rubiks cube is about 2 minutes, It depends on the condition of cube. It can be much faster if its a new cube that runs smoothly.

I've seen the Guinness record, the guy solved the cube blindfolded! I think he solved it within 5 minutes.
Mindbender
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Mindbender
Quote:
On 2003-05-29 11:51, trainerjep wrote:
I have a lot of puzzles, and find them very entertaining, but the best is the carpenter nail puzzle.

A nail is pounded into a wood block, you hand out 9 nails and have the spectator stack all nine nails on top of the one nail.
I have won sooo many bets with this, and no one, I mean no one, has ever ever figured it out.

For variety, other numbers of nails can be used too, including:

6 nails stacked on 1 - see http://www.theoldgamestore.com/exclusiv.htm

10 nails stacked on 1 - see http://www.woodworkit.com/woodworking-pr......id=AF961

14 nails stacked on 1 - see Nail Puzzle at http://www.businessballs.com/games.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Puzzles In Your Arsenal (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL