The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Serious Fire!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
I am really seriously into fire eating and I would like to learn more advanced fire eating...

Like licking the torch lit with fire...
An earlier post of mine was of a method of lighting the torch...

Where else can I find such more advanced techniques OR does anyone care to share their material here with me?

Thanks for viewing.
Symmatrix Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
I would track down a professional and ask for his tricks of the trade— offer a sum of cash if you are that serious! It is much better and safer to learn from a professional as so much can go wrong in fire eating. A very dangerous hobby!

Smile
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Good advice Scot— in fact, I know a few people depending on where you live. You may be able to track them down. Smile
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Quote:
On 2003-05-06 14:17, -The Scot- wrote:
I would track down a professional and ask for his tricks of the trade - offer a sum of cash if you are that serious! It is much better and safer to learn from a professional as so much can go wrong in fire eating. A very dangerous hobby!

Smile
Here are warnings, sources, and teachers...
http://www.sideshow-freaks.com/sideshow_......tocf.htm
Please sign the guestbook.
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
Fire eating,
Now that's HOTTTTTTTT Smile
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
You can't hardly fire eat WITHOUT licking the torch. It's a basic technique. Go to Slim's sideshow site, where there's a lot of posts on this subject.

jennieprice Smile
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
What's the actual site Jennie?

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
Shadow Dancer
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of Shadow Dancer
Ouch, I tried sucking a small flame from a lighter into my mouth, it singed all my nose hair! Doing that smells real bad! Smile
'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
<br> AlbertEinstein
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
Slim has posted it earlier in this thread.

Jennieprice
Jesse Dains
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Jesse Dains
Shadow Dancer ........Thats exactly why you need to find a pro. Some other simple mistakes are deadly......learn to do it right........Jesse
Shadow Dancer
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of Shadow Dancer
Symmatrix, PM me if you live in Australia, (which you prob'ly don't, but anyway) i know a couple of people who actualy do what your looking for. Proper fire eating, like licking the torch etc...
Cheers Smile
'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
<br> AlbertEinstein
jmm1303
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
49 Posts

Profile of jmm1303
You really shouldn't do it without professional instruction
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Derek Lever has a manuscript about fire eating, though I wouldn't like to learn this sort of thing from a book. Take my advice and seek a professional!

Kevin
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
You can find a load of circus and sideshow history from those of us who have lived it for about fifty years. Some of us are new, some fans, many are third and fourth generation. All of us are dedicated to preserving and maintaining the arts. Be prepared to spend hours enthralled by living history. Links will take you to other sites, covering lessons, banners, Human Oddities. Many stories of the life, and a lot of good fun and memories, all with the sense of family that the midway brings... Have a question? Most likely you can find the answer here, even find long-lost performers..
Krista and I both teach all the arts, charge nothing to do it, put you up in our cluttered, cat smelling home, <G> and feed you, for about three days, in America’s Finest City, San Diego Ca. We hope you will take care of your own expenses. You must be serious and have the right attitude. We teach all the modern acts, as well as a few of the ancient lost ones you seldom hear about.
Sanscan@4dcomm.com
619-442-9569
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
Just a follow on, bring plenty of notebooks. You'll need them, because you'll learn more than you realise. Sanscan will teach at the pace that he thinks is right for you. It may not seem like much at the time, but if you do take notes, which is strongly advised, by the time you leave, you will realise how much he has taught.

Jennieprice
Ps, If you're good, he may even make his dreaded burritos. Smile
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
I don't know how advanced you are in this field but there is a fine vid called How to Eat Fire by Mike Lamp.
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Serious Fire!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL