The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Kozmo has did it again (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Kozmo was doing a lecture in Detroit area for us Tuesday. A big load of people appeared to his lecture. Even though I have seen one of his lectures previously, I could not resist from coming to see him again.

That guy has not only educated everyone, he really entertained us, especially with his humor. Those of you who have not seen his pass, it will knock you away. He had me floored with it, performing it multiple times. I repeated to him it was the smoothest pass I have seen in my life.

When it comes to Street Busking his DVD "Tales From The Streets" is a must have if you plan to make a living from performing on the streets or using street performing as a second income. http://www.kozmomagic.com/
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
Yep Mike,
I saw him Monday night in the Chicago area. I agree with you his pass has to be seen to be believed. Kozmo is 100% entertaining.
Magic is Everywhere
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
The newsletter for the Boston Ring (122) featured Kosmo's lecture. One thing that was pointed out is worth repeating.

Kozmo makes it look so easy. What he says makes a great deal of sense and I bet that successful buskers share many of the traits that Kosmo exhibits, and that's the problem. Kozmo is funny, skillful, outgoing, and hard working. He is keenly observant of his audience and knows how to read his audience. These are skills that not everyone, probably almost no-one, has naturally. You have to work at it. I'm sure that there was a bit of luck in his success, but it was 99% hard work and inborn tallent that made him successful.

The streets are hard and most people who go out will fail, or give up before they really fail. This is true in almost any endeavor that requires talent or hard work. His video is great, but if you don't put in the work, and you don't have the talent you will fail.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Hey Marty, You're right on the money.
I went to Denny's in Baltimore to see Koz and what a show he put on. I already bought the DVD set and pretty much wore them out, what a wealth of information, but at his lecture he did stuff that wasn't on the lecture DVD, ya had to be there. Plus Howie Schwartzman tried to take over and you just really don't want to go head to head or toe to toe with Koz when he is in the middle of his "A" game. Howie didn't stand a chance...it was funny.
Koz did a fantastic job and it was worth the long drive and every penny. If you guys get the chance to go see Koz lecture, doesn't matter what else is going on in your life, drop everything and go see him and be prepared for a great learning experience.
Bill
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Awesome. I heard Bob Sheets was there too. Yes?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 11:39, Frank Starsini wrote:
Awesome. I heard Bob Sheets was there too. Yes?

He was. Bob was hanging out in the back row, but a lot of great banter between them.

What a treat and a great lecture from Kozmo.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
What a great lecture it was! And I even unfortunatley showed up almost an hour late thanks to a car carrier than didn't quite fit into the Baltimore tunnel. Koz really gave a behind the scene lecture in great detail. His lessons and stories in confidence and how to pitch were priceless. He's one hell of a pitch man, I have two more DVD's and two copies of Reel Magiuc to prove it. Can't wait to check out Tales From the Street.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Kozmo put on a great lecture. It seemed like everyone had a great time. I know I learned a lot about actual 'street magic' last night.
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
In Boston we were fortunate to have Danny Hustle drop in to Kozmo's lecture. Their interaction was fun. They also went out with a bunch of us for late night snacking at IHOP until pretty late in the evening...

Great fun.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Lion Dope
View Profile
New user
York PA
88 Posts

Profile of Lion Dope
I caught Koz down at Denny's as well. Great lecture.
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Kozmo has did it again (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL