The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wanted: wild levation (for cheap) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

big k
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of big k
Hey I love that trick called: wild levation. I've been wanting to get it, but its 40 dollars I think, any ways. Is it worth getting?

thanks,

big k
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I saw it recently (Tom Jones of Wild Magic demoed it and showed the whole secret. If Rachel Wild had been doing the demonstration, not many men would have been watching the feet..... )

I can say that it was reasonably impressive in performance, and it doesn't have as many balance issues as some other levitation effects.

Also you are always set up for it, and the "work" is not all visible. You drape a jacket or cloth in front of you and up you go. And after you go up, and return to earth, you are immediately clean.

However there are limitations on the footwear that can be used. And it does take a jacket or cloth in front of you to make it work (the jacket or cloth is not gimmicked, but it hides the things that should be hidden.)

I rate it a decent buy at the price.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
If you could really levitate, why would you hide everything exept your feet?
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Because I have ugly knees?
Coram Deo
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
wear pants
slap aces
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of slap aces
Tom and Rachel are nice people but this is Steve Fearson's trick!

Go to http://www.downloadmagic.com and buy it from the inventor.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Are you saying that the wild levitation and the fantastic floatation use the same "device"??

Or is it just that the appearance that is the same?

BroDavid
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
wild levitation and fantastic floatation are both different effect and method.

Here are the links (Have a look at the demos)

Fearson floating effect.
http://www.downloadmagic.com/fff_ad.shtml

Wild levitation
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=337

I am not sure that wild levitation is by Fearson.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
They are totally different, both in method and effect. The only similarity is that both require you to hold a cloth of some type (coat, towel, etc) in front of you. The Wild Levitation is much closer to the Pocket Levitator, but it is more comfortable, easier and cleaner.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
big k
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of big k
So you guys are all saying it's worth buying?
JoJo41
View Profile
New user
Honolulu, HI
46 Posts

Profile of JoJo41
It's cheaper than the method the MASKED MAJERKIAN used, to wit, First you buy a forklift...
First, my free and open confession: I haven't used the one you're asking about. So, forgive me for opining anyway, but I have an idea of what's what here.
Actually, most of the levitations I've fiddled with have their good points and their limitations. The Balducci is slick enough, but lighting and angles are pretty much a consideration. The up-side, of course, is you can make your own. Same problem with angles and lighting with the one (and I forget the name at the moment) where you cover your legs with a coat. Most of the audience probably knows what you're up to, but it's so funny-looking when you perform it that they don't seem to mind.
The one I like out of doors is Loughran's Elevator. I like anything where it takes me a minute to figure out what's going on. It doesn't require much of the preparation or any of the lighting hassles of the other ones, and you don't have to customize (read:ruin) a nice new pair of shoes to do it.

JoJo
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
And in my opinion, although I have not used it myself, I did get a very closeup look at the whole work, the Wild Levitation does NOT require your to "Ruin" your shows.

The modification as done by Tom Jones does not need to be permanent. And once removed, everything is back to normal with no evidence of the gimmick.

Whereas the Fearson does require clothing modification which are permanent.

For the money, it really isn't too bad.

Personally, I also prefer the Elevator as it has better angles and performing range.

BroDavid
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wanted: wild levation (for cheap) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL