The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » It's ok to be hot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David White
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of David White
A woman I know who likes to perform magic was going over some things with me the other day and she described her difficulty in performing on the street for a video she's putting together.

She's very good natured, very attractive, and laughed while telling me guys would stare at her features more than whatever prop she might be handling. She's finished with the video, but had to cut good parts out because spectators were watching elsewhere and it looked bad from a promotional perspective.

She blamed herself for the way she was dressed, thinking maybe she should have dressed down a bit.

I say it's ok to be hot. Nevermind the uncouth.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
So she has natural Miss - direction.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Looking hot is entertaining, no?
Maybe she is right and should find a balance.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
David, if you can post a clipping to the video, do so.
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Really? Is this what we have come to?
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Well, it appears to have negatively impacted her project, SO...
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 14:44, Father Photius wrote:
So she has natural Miss - direction.

That was good Father !!!!
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
In the future she needs to have material/handling that can fix this OR find a videographer who knows how and when to shoot properly around that kind of naughty behavior.

It's not her fault. She should know this.
Official Thread Killer
Brane
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
272 Posts

Profile of Brane
I've recently had a somewhat similar conversation with a very attractive young singer in a rock band. She's under thirty - an ex marine (!)- and has huge 'tracts of land,' as the Monty Python guys said it. The young woman full well understands the power of her physical attraction on male (mostly) members of her audience.
They way she puts it is that she can't ignore the fact that part of her audience's attention is being distracted from her singing. She also refuses to wear a chador - so what is she to do?
In this woman's case, she dresses rather revealingly. She says that, after the first few songs, they get more accustomed to her body and can then focus on her voice. So she schedules her better vocal stuff for middle to late in her set.
Surely her publicity photos are attention getting, but as she puts it, 'These attributes are free gifts, I'd be an idiot not to use their power to my own benefit.'
NOT being a person who's physical attributes create such intense attention, I have no expertise in this subject, but her approach to it seems rational to me. You use what you have . . . she has a very good voice.
brane
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » It's ok to be hot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL