The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » Scam school (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
sgiandubh
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of sgiandubh
Scam school has something for everyone! I agree there is a lack of crediting and that should be addressed. I have purchased several products off the back of scamschool and have found quality shipping etc to be excellent and I live in the Uk.

David
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I'm glad to see that, in the most recent episode to which I contributed, there is proper crediting included: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCz8xYLGmFY&t=34s

To be precise, there is correct mathematical crediting. Magicians have played around with card versions of Penney's Game before, but the credit here goes to the first mathematical study of the odds.
jefkve
View Profile
New user
Orange County, CA
52 Posts

Profile of jefkve
I've been a fan of Scam School and Brian for a long time. TBH, I think he is more of an asset to the community than a detriment. If anything, its a place for those who are curious to explore a bit and determine their level of interest.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
I am 60 yrs. old, and I have been interested in magic since the mid-'70s. IMHO I consider Scam School as a voice of magic for a new generation. I like watching the show. Brian Brushwood has a ton of personality and really seems excited about performing. Hopefully he will do better about giving credit to others.
Topcliffe
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans, LA
149 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
I know I'm coming late to this discussion, but there seems to be a lot of hate for BB on other threads, apparently based on his "exposure" of the invisible deck. Like the TT or SD, it's one of the oldest tricks in the book and has been exposed countless times. When I was a fledgling magician it was exposed to me during my first trip to Tannen's to try to put together my first basic magic kit (so much magic seems to get exposed to laypeople who are casual shoppers in magic shops, people who have no intention of studying the art seriously). I'm by no means an expert conjuror and probably never will be, but I'm wondering why exposing the ID in particular has raised everyone's hackles so much. I'm genuinely seeking to understand, not to take sides.

Concerning BB, I've enjoyed some of the Scam School episodes, and don't see why it seems to get singled out for such opprobrium (sorry, I hardly ever get to use that word). There are so many other YouTube channels that do a good bit of exposure as well, and some of them have proven to be really good learning resources in terms of basic card controls and sleights. I'm not talking about the really egregious sites that really do expose new secrets just to be dickish, but the ones that actually teach.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Scott Cram ...
delighted to see you here in the Magic Café.
I had no idea you contributed to Scam School.

If you liked Scott Cram's post, follow his other effect ...

"Day One" - it's a MUST have!!
https://www.lybrary.com/day-one-p-137029.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » Scam school (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL