The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Cane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Anyone have this particular cane? I think it looks great. It is very inexpensive so was just wondering about the quality. Can it be done on small stage, or does that depend on the lighting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcFtPom9......nel_page
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
That looks like a basic Fantasio cane. It's very light. I've always considered this effect to be a stage effect, depending on the right type of gimmick, proper background and perfect lighting.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Whilst on holiday recently, I saw this routine being performed on stage...
The performer had a twist on this I had not seen before.
The cane "appeared" like a production candle - ie from nothing.
And it was luminescent. It glowed in the dark! Animated in fact. The colours strobed.

It took this routine right into the 21st century.

Obviously the same routine, but this looked really neat.
I have seen this routine many times. But still do not know how it is done.
And seeing it performed. Still do not. And, I am glad to say do not want to know.

Long live magic .... totally neat ... let's see it again!!!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Thanks for the insight so far, I need this now! Smile
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
bclay
View Profile
New user
Lake City, Michigan
71 Posts

Profile of bclay
This is not a fantasio cane this is a solid cane(2 piece) its the cane that I have. For the price on magicgeek.com (11.99) its not bad but the balance is slightly off. As the old saying goes you get what you pay for. I have been praticing on with it but I would like to get ahold on one from precision magic. I was told they are the best balanced canes out there? But I cant seem to locate thier web site anymore. Any help with that guy?
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Precision Magic's website is
http://www.precisionmagicman.com/
and the page for David Mann's dancing cane is
http://www.precisionmagicman.com/Dancing......inum.htm
There is a link on that page for a video of David Mann performing the routine. Very classy!

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
It is the fantasio cane. Do not buy this cane. It's balance is all wrong. There are only two canes worth your consideration - the Precision Magic dancing Cane, OR the Aluminum Cane (mgf unknown) both available at http://www.fabmagic.com, a Café' sponsor.

I use both. I prefer the Precision Cane becase it is one piece with a retractable gimmick. However, I also travel with the Aluminum Cane because, although the gimmick is not retractable, the cane does break in half and will fit in most standard suit cases, and travels very well.

Avoid any plastic or balsa canes.
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
That is probably the Chu's brand cane.
-Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Cane (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL