The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Problems Preparing Cards For Split Fans The McBride Way (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
On McBride's Art of Card Manipulation he explains how he prepares cards for split fan productions. The first step he does is scrape the card underneath a ruler. I have some bee cards but when I scrape them with a ruler a great deal of the red ink on the back comes off and the back becomes a lot lighter, too light in my opinion. It looks like if I scrape as much as Jeff does the back is going to be white. Is this what is supposed to happen? Does anyone else prepare cards in this way? Have bee cards just gotten cheaper or something? Any other recomendations for getting the cards ready for split fans?
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Sand down the edge of your razor or just use something that doesn't have a sharp / rough edge.

The purpose of the ruler is to soften the card, there is no reason that it should be scraping off the ink, it doesn't on my bees
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
When I did split fans I used a wooden pencil and would both pull then cards up from pencil creating a curve and after that roll the card around the pencil then repeat the first process.

Gil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Problems Preparing Cards For Split Fans The McBride Way (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL