The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Epoch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
This is the latest from Steve Fearson. I have a copy and, trust me, this is seriously awesome mentalism. Steve has taken a fantastic, diabolical principle in mentalism and modified it in a borderline revolutionary handling. It is really 100% impromptu and 100% surefire.

Check it out here: http://emagicsupply.com/112-mentalepoch-60-custom.html

I will post a complete review in a few days.

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
"This is NOT a rehash of old methods. This is a truly original, fresh method to produce an amazing 4x prediction effect!"

So...there won't be a f***e of a playing card? As else this would just a rehash...wouldn't it?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
I'm pretty sure it uses a p***l and not a f*****e. If it's anything like his a****t move I'm sure it will be a****e.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
MagicSpank, t**nks for th* *nf*rm*t**n.
Magic is a vanishing art.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

C** a***ne u***rst*** **** an***ys?
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I can't say I've seen any better impromptu epics than Osterlind's latest one in "Mystique". What would separate this from his extremely fair-looking version, using only three index cards?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I use Emotional Intelligence by Luke, but Gabe does have a point.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-02-14 04:39, gabelson wrote:
I can't say I've seen any better impromptu epics than Osterlind's latest one in "Mystique". What would separate this from his extremely fair-looking version, using only three index cards?

This uses ONE single card or sheet of paper, and it looks MORE THAN fair. It's completely stumped all of my magician friends, and some of them swear I used a nail writer.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I've posted a review in the Ebooks section.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2009-02-14 14:20, BMWGuy wrote:
I use Emotional Intelligence by Luke, but Gabe does have a point.

Alex

Combining the routine of E.I. with the technique of Osterlind's has provided me with a close-up epic that's hard to beat.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I encourage you to try this one out... it only uses ONE card or sheet of paper and everything is super-far in appearance.
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Quote:
On 2009-02-13 21:10, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
C** a***ne u***rst*** **** an***ys?

y** b** I'm w**de***g if I'm r****t?

Th*nks!
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
On 2009-02-15 10:34, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
it only uses ONE card or sheet of paper and everything is super-far in appearance.

Wow, really? Having watched the video, I can only surmise that my idea of "super-fair" is markedly different from yours. Smile

If this had come out maybe five or seven years ago, I could see where it might have been worthwhile. But given the advancements published since then by the likes of Richard Osterlind, Neil Tobin, Docc Hilford, etc., I honestly don't even see the point of releasing this. Even if it were deceptive (which I don't believe it would be for a moderately observant audience), the only "advantage" it purports to offer is that it uses only one piece of paper — which, to my mind, is not an advantage at all. Writing each prediction on its own piece of paper is both more natural and more deceptive. In contrast, this relies on a bizarre and unjustified numbering procedure to create a "convincer" which has to be specifically pointed out in order to even be noticed... but which will then lead directly to the method if the person thinks about it too much. (And "too much" is not very much at all IMHO.)

The only time I could ever imagine using this would be if I spontaneously decided I just had to do a Mental Epic-type routine at a moment when, for whatever reason, the only writing surface available was a single napkin, AND my intended audience seemed sufficiently slow on the uptake.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Epoch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL